Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

And Yes, Julie- it was the Cleveland Indians that beat Judy and My Yankees! But that's the only win they better get!!:lol

cya later

It's probably the only win they WILL get -- our teams aren't usually very good,so no worries there !:lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies,

I woke up early so thought I would come in and say hi and catch up. I took notes last night. Bil & sil should be within the hour and I need to get around so I won't be long.

Tam, I will keep your son in my prayers. I hope he feels better today. The pie looks delicious!

Cindy, your baby afghan is cute, nice colors. And the shrug is really pretty! Good job on doing the dress in a day. I have a new serger still in the box. I won't tell you how many years it's been there. I went to buy a new sewing machine and I let the sales people talk me into a serger. Well it's still unopened.

Tab, your monkey is really cute! Your rr is really pretty!

Wanda, your rr is really pretty!

LeAnna, Glad your dentist appt went well.

JoAnne, your square and afghan are pretty!

Julie, your squares are nice to. I'll try to remember to do the pics of the gardens process. I have to learn how to post pics here. I have never posted pics here before. Enjoy the day with Cam. That's good he likes playing games. My kids did to. The older grankids want to play video games or text on there phones. There missing out on real fun. My grandpa taught all of us grandkids to play cribbage. My grandma taught us to play solitaire. There was always a jigsaw puzzle going to. I love to do puzzles. We do them in Texas. Last winter they were waiting for me to get there so I could finish one up for them as they thought it was a hard one. They call me the puzzle queen.

I hope everyone has a nice day! Bbl.

Good morning House mates!:hug

Jules, I think you and Cam have lots in common (the boredom thing once you figure out everything):D

Judy- I don't know what to say about the Yankees- :eek other than the bullpen imploded! No excuse for being up so many runs and then losing!

I started crocheting a summer garden hat using some of my I love this cotton. Pattern is here

I can't stand losses like that...no excuse...and with Joe doing his "matchy-matchy" thing --- it drives me nuts!

Good luck on the hat...my head isn't "average":lol - I've avoided making wearables for YEARS!

Well, early to the local food store this AM...then more browsing for a kitchen set ...BBL!

Good luck on the hat...my head isn't "average" - I've avoided making wearables for YEARS!

My DD asked me to make her one- so we'll see how it turns out- I figure nothing ventured nothing gained (and at least I won't have to wear it) :lol

Morning Marlene --

Have a good visit with your company .

And yep, I like playing board games with Cam as much as possible. He is into the video games too, but I like him to play board games too, because they make your brain think a little more .

He is a champion at Checkers. I can;t figure out how this happened, but I taught him how to play,and all the moves to make and not make to win the game.

He beats me every game now,so it kinda puzzles me . How did I teach him the moves, but he beats me now ????

As for jigsaw puzzles, I think they are lots of fun and only WISH I was good at them . I can barely do a little kid's puzzle.

My last uncle i have is a jigsaw whiz-- he loves them, the harder the better ,and won't EVER give up til he gets it done .

He is like that in life too, which has helped him to beat some amazing odds .Still kicking after most people would have long ago given up . He's my inspiration .

Hey Jude-- boy, it's a good thing I'm not a baseball fan -- maybe your team thought we'd be an easy win,and they didnt try as hard ?

Sometimes that happens, our team would have tried REALLY hard since you guys are so good,which maybe helped them . I don't know, just a guess .

Ok, next post -- Pen pals to follow !

Hi ladies-

For all of you who signed up for penpals, here is the list for your partners. I will pm you with your partner's address if I have it .

I am missing 1 address :

LeAnna

So if you could contact me with your address (PM or EM ) ,I will send them on privately to your partners .

Here's the list :

Cindy & LeAnna

Joy & Sherri

Tab & Joanne

Marisa & me

Jude & Cheeria

Tam & Marlene

First category : ANY CARD WITH A CAKE ON IT .

Yep, it may have to be a birthday card, but as long as it has a cake on it ,it will fit into the week one category .

NOTE -- We will have a new category each week ,so it will mean sending one card per week . At the end of June, I may change addresses so you get new pen pals, or may leave them the same. We'll just see how it goes .

New categories will be listed each week .

Hope you all have fun with this !!! :)

Good morning housemates :coffee

I have some tilapia in the oven baking and is almost done by the time I finished reading the posts and it smells wonderful!! :D Took it out of the freezer friday night and meant to make it yesterday, but never got around to it. So, got up this morning and threw it in with some fresh herbs :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the combination is ok. Then I decided that instead of making bfast, I would have fish and grits today :drool

Joanne - Well, your team won then I guess :cry But on the upside, Halladay pitched a perfect game for the Phils :clap Glad to hear DD got a dress, and a great price too :yay

Julie - :cheer:yay:clap your my penpal!!!!

Marlene - I love jigsaw puzzles too!!! My grandfather was always doing them. Jigsaw puzzles and Mets games ;) I just did one with fairies and have to put some glue on it so it will keep.

Judy - Good luck browsing for your kitchen set ;)

Morning Marisa-

Yep, I am excited to have you as my pen pal too !!

Yousound like quite a good cook with some of your home-made items. Lots of people anymore just make something in the microwave that is fast, but it sounds like you are a good cook and healthy eater,which is good !

Me, not so much. I CAN cook really good meals, but rarely make them anymore since it's usually only the 2 of us ...so I cook fast and easy, but once in awhile make a bigger meal .

Hope you enjoy your day--gonna be a hot one here -I think 86 ...

Hey Jude-- boy, it's a good thing I'm not a baseball fan -- maybe your team thought we'd be an easy win,and they didnt try as hard ?

Sometimes that happens, our team would have tried REALLY hard since you guys are so good,which maybe helped them . I don't know, just a guess .

I absolutely DO think that's the case most of the time. The unlikliest teams do seem to rise to the occasion when they play the Yankees.:yes

I have some tilapia in the oven baking and is almost done by the time I finished reading the posts and it smells wonderful!! :D Took it out of the freezer friday night and meant to make it yesterday, but never got around to it. So, got up this morning and threw it in with some fresh herbs :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the combination is ok. Then I decided that instead of making bfast, I would have fish and grits today :drool

Judy - Good luck browsing for your kitchen set ;)

I'm like you - doesn't have to be breakfast food for breakfast...or dinner food for dinner....but Phil is a traditionalist - to the point where if he sees me have a mid afternoon cup of coffee he stares at me as if I have 2 heads:lol

I like to throw a monkey wrench into things;)

:sun............ Good Morning family

wanted to pop in and say :hi HI before we head out to church!

We're off to decorate a friend of Patrick's house first........ their team from our school took 9th Place in DI (Destination Imagination) Globals!

They come home today and we're going to hang a welcome home sign... balloons... and streamers... along with leaving a cooler filled with muffins that Patrick made!

post-18634-135897535522_thumb.jpg

have a great day all!

:heart

:mug

Julie - don't let me fool you now. I do like a lot of healthy stuff, but I also like a lot of unhealthy stuff too. But, it's a decent mix I guess. I love my junk food and dessert though, get that from my dad :lol I love to cook and bake, that I get from my mom :D I do try to stay away from alot of the prepackaged stuff, but do give in at times. I typically do not cook during the week since I work late so tend to overcook on the weekends so I have leftovers since it's just me and I don't have to worry about a husband or kids ;)

Judy - Yep, I can eat any meal at any time of day :D I can especially eat breakfast all day long, it's my favorite :D

:hi Marlene............. I'm really excited we're pen pals!

cant wait to start this months fun!

Tam - Patrick's muffins look wonderful, and now I suddenly want some cornbread :drool

OH.. and they smell great too!!!

oooooooooooooooh cornbread sounds good! With a nice pot of soup! :drool

Good Morning. :sun

Let's see...I remember nice variegated squares from Julie. Sending get well wishes to Michael. Cindy made a dress and it turned out well. :yay My penpal is Joy and this week's theme is :cake. Julie, I sent a reply to your pm with my address. And CJ, to answer your query from a few days ago, I respond to Sherri or SheffnJerri. :)

Hi everybody. I was having a marathon crocheting session yesterday and I am nearly through. Just have some ends to weave in and I'll be back later with a photo.

Have a great day!

OK ladies, here is the pic of the square I made the other night that I forgot to post yesterday.

And the yarns I picked up for the next couple are:

Peaches & Cream - Gum Drop

RHSS - Bonbon print, Mexicana, and Zebra

Let me know if any of you had already done these?

post-36814-135897535528_thumb.jpg

Jude-

nothing wrong with eating what you want when you are hungry for it . I like breakfast foods a lot too, so eat cereal and things like that a lot if I'm here alone, rather than to bother cooking .

Tam -

Those muffins look good and that's nice of you guys to decorate up the friend's house- they will have a nice surprise .

Marisa -

Nothing wrong with eating healthy, but then eating something not so healthy once in awhile for a treat . I tent to TREAT myself more than I should.

Hi Sherri- thanks, got your info and passed it along already . Thanks for the comments on the squares,and we are all waiting to see your latest project when you get time .

Marisa-

Very pretty square - I like how that one shaded like it did ! I still think this will be a really intersting afghan when done .

NOTE :

JUST TO TOSS A LITTLE MORE INSPIRATION INTO THE VARIEGATED GAME :

I bought a pattern book made from Annie's Attic called Afghan Variegations .

The winner who is drawn from the list will also win the pattern book !~!~

:sun............ Good Morning family

wanted to pop in and say :hi HI before we head out to church!

We're off to decorate a friend of Patrick's house first........ their team from our school took 9th Place in DI (Destination Imagination) Globals!

They come home today and we're going to hang a welcome home sign... balloons... and streamers... along with leaving a cooler filled with muffins that Patrick made!

[ATTACH]21379[/ATTACH]

have a great day all!

That sounds like TONS of fun!!:yay:yay

Good Morning. :sun

And CJ, to answer your query from a few days ago, I respond to Sherri or SheffnJerri. :)

Hi everybody. I was having a marathon crocheting session yesterday and I am nearly through. Just have some ends to weave in and I'll be back later with a photo.

Have a great day!

Good Morning!:manyheart

Okay!:D

Can't wait for pictures! What did you make?

I haven't been working on my sweater since we've been cleaning for company, so, I'll have to get back to it later today or tomorrow! :)

See everyone later! I'll try to get a picture up of what I have done so far! :yes

:hugs,

:crochetingCJ:crocheting

Back from running to Trader Joe's ---well actually I drove! I wanted to get some of their Joe's Dark coffee and DH likes their Joe's O's (their own brand of Cheerios) Also picked up a few other things.

Marisa- It breaks my heart that Halladay is a Philly!! I read all about his perfect game!!! That was awesome! And tilapia and grits sounds like a wonderful breakfast. I'm like you- can eat any thing any time of the day- breakfast for dinner, dinner for lunch, lunch for breakfast- and like Judy's DH, mine is a traditionalist! Sometimes, though I just feel like breakfast for dinner and that's what I make anyway!

I like your V-square and I don't have any of the colors that you bought.

Marlene- Have a great day with your company!!

Tammy- those muffins look so good- your photography skills are wonderful. Congrats to the DI team- that is pretty awesome! How's Michael doing?

Sheri- Can't wait to see what you made during your :crocheting marathon!!

Tabitha- So :) we are penpals!!!!! This is going to be lots of fun!!!!!

Judy- Did you make a Delicious Orchards run today? I may head down early tomorrow morning if they are open. Do you know if they are?

Well, still waiting for the painter, so maybe I'll get back to this hat

BBL:hug

CJ-

We'll be waiting to see photos if you get the chance to post them !

Joanne - I like the name of that cereal : JOE's O's .. Pretty funny .

Do they taste just like cheerios or are they a little different ,like do they add some other flavoring or something ?

CJ-

We'll be waiting to see photos if you get the chance to post them !

Joanne - I like the name of that cereal : JOE's O's .. Pretty funny .

Do they taste just like cheerios or are they a little different ,like do they add some other flavoring or something ?

I honestly don't know:lol But they were only $1.99/box and DH loves them- says they taste better than Cheerios. I figured at that price, I'd bring one to work- the cereal I keep at my desk is almost empty. I usually eat my breakfast at work- usually a bowl of cereal or oatmeal or a yogurt. As soon as I try it, I'll let you know!!!

Archived