Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Joanne, Thanks - and now comes the boring part of the ghan:lol

your ghan is great! love the colors. It's fun seeing what the variegated looks like in sc, isn't it?

Huges has struck out everyone so far!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy- Home Run by Swisher--Yanks up 2-0!!!!

Ok, off to finish the square and watch the Yankees! DH and I are taking the night off and getting up early to get the room ready for the painters!!!

Hey there Joanne ! Good to have you back with us for a much needed mini-vacation !

Got you and Jude down for the penpals -- THANKS .

Will give it another bit of time to see if anyone else is game, then will assign partners ,

Shame on me. Just about forgot today was Friday. But this is the baby round ripple that I finished. Made of Bernat Softee Baby yarn. 40" diameter.

Beautiful RR...love the colors. :manyheart

Beautiful RR Wanda!

Beautiful graph ghan, Judy!

Nice squares Cherria!

Lovely ghans Cindy and I like the shrug too. The never-ending square is one of my fav patterns- I've made several. I got a free skein of Caron Spa yarn and it seems to be the same color- don't know what I'll make with just 1 skein of it though!

Sherri-The knitted squares are awesome!

Marisa- the hexagons are coming out great!

Mary - Love the "Happy Ripple" (is it Attic24's pattern?) And Love the pic of Luke- keep on posting- he is so cute!

Tab- Love the monkey and can't wait to see it with the banana! the RR is very pretty!

Here's the granny lapghan I put together this week and 2 of my SC variegeted squares (plus the start of the 3rd).

Hey Judy- Hughes is pitching awesome!!!!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!!

Thank you!

Love that granny ghan. :manyheart Squares look great too. :clap

Can I just say WOW :eek

It was crazy busy in here all day, I think I read like 5 pages of posts and they just kept coming and looked at the post time to find I was only in the 2:00 hour :eek It took me almost an hour to go through everything.'

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful compliments :yes

So, let's get stated.....shall we......

Julie - Hopefully this new Dr. you're going to try will be able to help you, or at least have enough sense to say 'I don't know and can't help you'. :hug And, you know we're always here for you anytime you want to vent or ask advice. You are more than welcome to PM or email me at any time :ghug You can count me in for a penpal :yes

Sherri - your squares are awesome and so neat, it looks all continuous :yay

CJ - You can call me whatever you like ;) My name is Marisa, many of my family and friends just call me Ris or Risa. I would've never guessed you're only 14!!!! You seem well beyond your years already young lady :yes I can't wait to see the sweater you're working on. My brother and SIL are going to homeschool my nephews and the oldest should start next year, or maybe they already did...I'm not really sure. But, I've always wondered...do you feel like you're missing out on some growing experiences by not being in a traditional school? :think Oh, and what did you work on in the garden today?

Mary - We will NEVER tire of baby Luke pics!!! He is getting soo big already :manyheart I love your happy ripple, the colors are great :clap

Tabitha - WTG on the monkey :cheer It's adorable and I love your RR, the colors are quite eyecatching :yay

Tam - I hope you were able to finish your square today :yes

Judy - Sounds like you got some chores done today :clap Do you know what color you're doing the next baby blanket in? I know you haven't picked the pattern yet. Your Suki graph ghan is awesome!!! :cheer Amazing!!! Let me ask, how do you follow a graph ghan? I just recently heard of them so haven't looked at it much, but am thinking of trying it to make my sister a Pittsburgh Steelers afghan.

INTERMISSION........................................ :c9

Cheeria - I like your squares, and the colors are very pretty :yes although, I thought it was going to be a bit brighter from your initial description the other day.

Diane - I busted out laughing at your pap smear story :rofl Hysterical and your right, what can you do other than laugh about it!!! Have fun in your new lounge chair and watching all the races this weekend.

Cindy - Sounds like you got some cleaning done today :D I love the baby blanket, greens and pinks together are always very eyecatching, imo. And your Maui Shrug is coming along nicely. I passed the pattern link along to my receptionist, I think she will probably try it out. It's more her style than mine ;)

LeAnna - WTG on getting soo much done on the upstairs!!! :cheer And, getting half way through your lavendar tree of life :yay And, good luck with your dentist appt :hug

Marlene - Have fun this weekend with your in-laws. Planting the garden sounds fun and everyone will love the parade and carnival (I know I would ;) )

Linda - Glad to hear Kim's appt went well and it's nothing major going on :clap

Joanne - Welcome to your 3 day weekend :yay You made it!!!!!

Wani - your baby RR is great!!!! It looks soo soft and cozy :clap

THE END :lol

Shame on me. Just about forgot today was Friday. But this is the baby round ripple that I finished. Made of Bernat Softee Baby yarn. 40" diameter.

That's lovely Wanda.

Here's the granny lapghan I put together this week and 2 of my SC variegeted squares (plus the start of the 3rd).

Joanne - A 3 day weekend. Yeah! And coming off your 12 day stretch makes it a real bonus.

So, there was another page of posts by the time I finished my huge book-long post

Joanne - I love your granny lapghan :cheer and your squares are pretty, I love the colors :D

I haven't done any squares yet, but it's on my weekend list :D

Beautiful RR Wanda!

Beautiful graph ghan, Judy!

Nice squares Cherria!

Lovely ghans Cindy and I like the shrug too. The never-ending square is one of my fav patterns- I've made several. I got a free skein of Caron Spa yarn and it seems to be the same color- don't know what I'll make with just 1 skein of it though!

Sherri-The knitted squares are awesome!

Marisa- the hexagons are coming out great!

Mary - Love the "Happy Ripple" (is it Attic24's pattern?) And Love the pic of Luke- keep on posting- he is so cute!

Tab- Love the monkey and can't wait to see it with the banana! the RR is very pretty!

Nice work! :clap

Marisa--Isn't amazing how much goes on when we are at work all day? :) Come home and have to book an hour of reading time to catch up on everything- but I love it!!!:manyheart

CJ-You can call me Joanne- or hey you or whatever you want! And I am 54 years young- that's 40 years more than you! Wow when I put it like that I feel OLD! But I'm really very young at heart :lol How was your gardening? What are you planting?

I planted a basil plant and tonight we had tomatoes with mozzarella and some of my fresh basil- it was so delish!!!

DD just called (middle one) she wants me to go with her to Loehmann's to help her pick out a dress to wear to a wedding she is going to on Memorial Day- She is not sure if it will be tomorrow afternoon or Sunday(nothing like waiting until the LAST minute):eek

Julie- can't wait for the pen pal partners- How nice to get some fun mail!! You come up with such creative ideas to keep the House Jumping!!:hug

1wani: That ripple is very nice!:clap:clap

Okay, Marisa.:D I don't really feel like I miss out on anything. Considering what they're teaching nowadays...:) Maybe seeing my friends everyday, but that's about it.:D We are really planting tomorrow. But we have tons of stuff to plant!:D

Joanne: We have all kind of veggies and fruits. We got the garden ready today, we will do all our planting tomorrow. Well, we got three rows of corn in today.:D Your lapghan and squares are really pretty! MM! That sounds so good!!:manyheart Have fun dress shopping!:yes

Judy: I hope you enjoy your ball game!:D

Julie: A friend of mine taught me single crochet. And then I learned myself from there.:D

Tabitha: your monkey is so cute!:clap:clap I love the round Ripple also!:manyheart

Sheesh! I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone on here!:D I haven;t been on very much today though.......

Good Evening!:hug

:crochetingCJ:crocheting

Beautiful work!:cheer I didn't read it through...Does the square pattern call for turning it after each round? I know some grannies do...

Thanks. No the pattern just goes round and round and round....

Nice work. I like your variegated squares. I was cleaning today and actually found some variegated yarn, so next week, I am going to turn out a few squares.

Good morning ladies !

Well, I went back and counted,and we had 120 posts yesterday ! Are we a bunch of yakkers or what ? :lol

Anyhow, welcome again to the new members who are siging up. This is exciting, to build up a nice active group .

Sorry I forgot to mention comments to 2 posters -- I MAY have commented, but I don't think I did. Posts were coming in here so fast for awhile yesterday ,it was all I could do to read though them ,and did miss responding to a couple .

Wanda-love your pink baby-ghan-- it is beautiful .

Diane- your visit to the Dr with all them student doctors ? WOW - you have more courage than me . I don't mind if I have one come into a plain old office vist, but when you have something that personal done, I think I'd have to clear the room .

Our local hospital now has lots of students-- nurses, girls who learn to draw blood,x-ray people. I usually don't mind if they observe . I DID refuse to allow them to try drawing blood on me ,only because it's so hard to do .I told them they could WATCH --so we ended up with 1 lab lady, then 2 RN's before they got the IV in .

Those girls were quite amazed that it took that many tries ,and one said she was glad I DIDN'T let them try, because they wouldnt have been able to get it .

I honestly think they may have been better than the scan ladies I had,though !

Now, on to today's business -- here is the list for pen pals -- if I missed you ,please jump in today and tell me you want in, then we'll get this show on the road .

Remember, it's only a card per week, so no big expense involved . I will put everyone's name in a bowl,and draw 2 at a time, then that's how I'll choose your pen pal -- and we MAY change up every month so you'll get someone new each month, so you get to meet more new people through the old-fashioned snail-mail ( which is my favorite ) . :D

Well, I will most likely have Cam today unless they had plans for the weekend,so I may not be on as much but will check in frequently . I went to a yard sale on my way to the Dr yesterday -and WOW did I find the games. I have never SEEN people with so many games . So, he should be well occupied this weekend .

OK- here's who I have for penpals- if you want to sign up it's not too late :

Marisa

Joy

Cheeria

Sherri

Judy

Cindy

Joanne

Tam

LeAnna

Tab

me

OK -- off to get Sam to snap photos of my measley few squares I did this week . I kinda fell off the Crochet Train,but time to pull myself back up and get it in gear .

Good morning!

I finished the 3rd square and that's all the crocheting I did last evening. I'm having my coffee to wake me up and then will need to tackle the bedroom.

It is raining out! Huh? Every forecast I read/heard said chance of showers. Think it is time to update the forecast folks- it IS raining outside!:lol

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Morning Julie!

Got quite a list of pen-pals- this will be fun - to get "snail mail"!!

Did you get board games or video games?

Well, I'd better stop procastinating and get my tush in gear!

Archived