Royal Yarn Winder!!! :-)

Congrats on your acquisition. I got one a few months ago too. I had wanted one for so long, but felt guilty spending the money for it. But I finally broke down and I'm so glad I did. When I first got it I went wind-crazy. Now I don't usually use it to wind full skeins, but once I've used part of a skein I wind the rest so I can stack them. No more sloppy-floppy partial skeins laying around getting tangled. I have a tiny dresser that I use to store my needles, hooks, etc. in. I have a small bookcase set on top of that which I store yarn that I have upcoming projects in mind for. I have installed my yarn winder along one side of the bookcase so that it is ready at all times. This is one "toy" that I really enjoy.

Congrats!!! I got mine late last year and use it regularly - love it - don't know why I lived so long without one - may you have a long and yarnful relationship!

once I've used part of a skein I wind the rest so I can stack them. No more sloppy-floppy partial skeins laying around getting tangled.

This is what I do, too. A ball winder is also essential if one ever purchases yarn that comes in a hank. One cannot use yarn directly from the hank or one will have an unholy mess on her hands.

I have installed my yarn winder along one side of the bookcase so that it is ready at all times. This is one "toy" that I really enjoy.

I wish I had somewhere to do this! The only thing I dislike about having a yarn winder is that I don't have anywhere to install it. :(

I've had mine for almost a year and I just don't know how I could have gone soo long without it!

I almost always buy yarn/thread on cones and had a big stash of coned yarn, but was too tired to try to do anything withit until this gizmo came along. My kids love to help wind too, but I have to be careful or they'll make a bigger mess than it should be :lol My son says "bigger!!" everytime he catches me winding yarn/thread.

It's a great stress reliever...just don't get your stuff tangled/wound wrong. I find if you unscrew the cone and have some creative unwinding, you can fix oopsies in no time flat!!

Oh yeah, don't wind too fast or your cakes will come flying out across the room :lol This happened to me this afternoon not once, but Three times! :lol

Oh gosh, all of you kept this little wonder hidden from me far too long. I am almost complete with my entire stash of balls and loose skiens! Funny how stacking yarn makes SO MUCH MORE ROOM!

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this is just the cat's meow!

Gosh, it's the little things that make me happy!

oooh there is nothing more theraputic than winding wool on a winder. so much quicker than making balls of wool. i can spend entire evenings winding wool in front of the telly but my fella gets nervous when i get my stash out. so i usually sort while he is out. and yes so much better to stack up when it is in cones. have fun i do love sian xxx

Just stick it above the bed with a pulley so you can pull it down when you need it! lol! or go to a dollar store, get some brackets for a small shelf, and simply put a shelf where no one will bean themselves, and voila! :)

now I want one too... anyone know where they can be bought off-line (no credit card) in Canada?

This is what I do, too. A ball winder is also essential if one ever purchases yarn that comes in a hank. One cannot use yarn directly from the hank or one will have an unholy mess on her hands.

I wish I had somewhere to do this! The only thing I dislike about having a yarn winder is that I don't have anywhere to install it. :(

I have an inexpensive wood side table that I put my winder on. When I'm winding a ball, I put my foot on the foot of the table to keep it from wiggling too much. The little table is also where my mouse and mousepad live. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/ErinLindsey/more%20crochet%20pictures/P7252693.jpg

That's exactly what it is, a TOY! But with a definite PURPOSE! :cheer

To true! and that is what I tell my DH as I sit and wind! Never mind that I have yarn every where and the dryer is buzzing that the load needs to be folded......I'M PLAYING! and organizing....Really!!!!:hook

I can't believe what they cost now! I have had one for at least 20 yrs and I think I only paid around 7-8 dollars for mine! Still works like a champ too!:lol

Archived