STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Wow, Jimmie - one bin? That's amazing! I'm just plugging along on my projects. I picked up another WIP, but might not work on it too long, as I'm just waiting to get to the store to get yarn for my Blue Star afghan. Then I'll be buzzin along on that one.

DD is home with a minor cold today. Figured I'd let her rest so she doesn't get miserable and clobbered with it. I think I'm fighting it, and DD3 is gooey with it - eeeew!

Still and all, will be a quiet day and might get more done than I expect. I'm in a funny mood, so might just jump around on different WIPs to see if any move me... Don't want to start a new one, that would be BAD! ( I have about 10 started afghans!)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! Everybody is just doing great! :cheer Constant progress...that's awesome!:clap Seems like we are all getting some things accomplished through this CAL!

I am almost to the point of combining my stash bins into one bin. Last night I was crankin' er out. Adding another 11 pts to my stash busting score for the week (wtd- 22). I'm not so sure this is going to last forever because now that I am using all the little junk balls up I will then be busting into stashes of more than one skein in a color. You know the ones....." I know I could make something out of this" or "I've been saving this for a special project" except you can't remember what that special project is anymore?!?

Yeah...I have a few piles like that.

OHHHHHHH wait, I just remembered that huge black plastic bag in my office with hand-me-down yarns in it.....we are back in business!!

:woo

biz

I'm about to start a MAJOR Stashbusting project. I have a commission for my lumberjack flannelghan! I am soooooooo totally beyond excited! I know I'll hae to buy more to finish it but I'm going to go thru POUNDS of stash - YAY!

I love making shrugs, and they are easy easy easy once you get the hang on them. I made mine from a pattern I just came up with out of my head. I will get it written down and send you a copy along with a pic, if you like?

awesome! would love one!!

biz

You all should be very proud, I went to the dreaded Joann's, and bought ONE skein of yarn! Ahaha. With a coupon too. I'm already using it for a hat for my bf's Valentine's gift, so it should be done soon! I also finished a skein, and a ball on Sunday, so that adds up to +1 for the week! Go team stashbusters!!

I desperately need to get in on this! Is it too late? I'm guessing by the YTD scores that this will be going all year? I hope so! Anyway I'd like to join, it sounds like fun... BTW I have bought NO YARN since Just after Christmas, I am DETERMINED to get my yarn down to wahts manageable! Did you know my grandmother has been crocheting for more than 30 years and she NEVER buys more yarn than she needs for the project she's on??? How does she do that???:think

I think one word sums it up- willpower!

:? I am starting to feel like a messed up crocheter! Yarn just does not have that kind of pull on me!:eek I can pass up yarn. :think Maybe its all those years that I couldn't afford to buy very much of it that trained me to walk right past it.:? The stash I have is from YEARS of crocheting!

The only yarn I can honestly say that dragged me to it with a meat-hook :drool was the pink camo by bernat. otherwise...psshhhh!

biz

I was working all day/night on the tenth. :( I forgot to post. Oh, wait. I didn't have anything to post anyway. :lol

I am working on a stashbusting project, but it isn't busting much stash. (Probably because the colors I pick are big ole skeins....) Oh well.

Tina

Hmmm................. got gifted again! I got 10 SKEINS of this YarnBee yarn (never seen it before) that is super cool variegated and super soft! "Icelandic Jewels", it's called. I'm now thinking what to make of it - I got 5 black and 5 sapphire! :D Ooops, not supposed to brag here, am I? :devil

Hmmm................. got gifted again! I got 10 SKEINS of this YarnBee yarn (never seen it before) that is super cool variegated and super soft! "Icelandic Jewels", it's called. I'm now thinking what to make of it - I got 5 black and 5 sapphire! :D Ooops, not supposed to brag here, am I? :devil

Okay Krystal,

That sounds like prime afghan/lapghan material. or a BICO set?

I forgot to post this week. Oops and sorry. It wouldn't have mattered. I didn't do much in stashbusting, actually nothing.

I did finish up 2 balls yesterday but guess what, had to buy 1 skein of white so that leaves me with a big, fat 0. Oh well.

Id love it to be all in one bin!!! HAHA Thats funny

If my hubby sees me putting it all into one tote hed take me shopping for more!! lol

Oh and if he gets this job this week Ill be able to buy at a employee discount at LYS Ohhhh boy are we all hopeless??? Will anyone empty out and earn that right to shop without penitly? Ahhhh wheres the fun in that?

Archived