STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, I started 3 camo skeins and finished up 2 little balls and a big purple ball- so that's 6.

I'm working on figuring out a heart square in dc because I love double. I'm using the filet method - 3 sts in each box (but the 3rd is the 1st for the next one - like that makes any sense at all).

The first one's done but it's just too cute and fat. I want to try to make the point a little longer.- I'll post pics later.

After receiving the two skeins of wool yesterday I just had to make the felted bag....I love it.IMG_1063_edited.jpg The colors are Ocean blues and cadet blue and WOW when it was felted..it is amazing..and earned me back 4 points....I even used the small amount left over to make a coin purse to match that I am going to put a zipper in. I also finished doing a six pointed star ripple in four colrs that used up 3 balls and 1 full skein...so that is 5 more points...+ 9 for today.

Oh boy, here goes...the yarn I bought on eBay waay before I joined this game finally arrived...all 40 cones of it so, anyways... :blush

Great News though, I used up 2 1/2 balls of yarn for the commissioned bag :yay

Hopefully my Year-End score will be in the + :lol

I used up one ball last night, so I have 1 point to add to my score...I'm definately getting hit with the tummy bug that my younger DD is just now getting over, so I haven't done anything with the hooks today yet...but I am going to try to stay awake to watch Ghost Whisperer tonight, so I should have some time to use up some yarn tonight...

Jessie

I finally used some yarn instead of buying more yarn, but those other 5 boxes are still on their way... I s'pose next week won't look so good :blush

Made s'more squares, 1 skein + 3 partials... +5

Hopefully I can add at least one more + number before tomorrow!

Fantastic job everyone!! :cheer

Nght wow you have been very productive, and I love the things you have made. The squares with the white border are nice what are you making with those. That is a lot of pounds of yarn there and you have more to come. It will certainly keep you busy.

Thanks! And thanks to Bizzy too for the compliment! :blush

The soft colored square(s) are for preemie blankies/covers. I didn't show them really well.. there's a square, a rectangle, a ripple and the other one is a round ripple. Maybe someday I'll learn how to take decent pictures. Until then, I can always make things that want to be photographed! :lol

I had to go and get 2 skeins for 2 projects I'm working on so back into the negatives I go. The bad thing is these projects are just little bitty squares and take time to use up a skeing so I'll have to try to make something before tomorrow's deadline to get back to zero or a positive if I can.

I had a score of 2, but then my mom won an auction for me on eBay for 24 balls of crochet thread so that makes me -22 :( I'm going to use up some more yarn on the pony-tail holders I'm making for a co-worker :) We'll see what I end up at for the week probably a -20 :)

ok i did great this week with my hubby gone i have managed to make a complete twin size afghan which i will be posting pictures as soon as it dries lol its chennille so no dryer and i have managed to make 4 scarfs for my daughters class goodies for valentines and i have made my daughter a pocket book and my son is getting a new blankie i think lol its half way done as for my hubbys love letters quilt i have made it up to 248 squares lol so i am going to post my score now just in case i forget tomorrow including the yarn i gave away to my mom today i am positive 58 :clap:clap:clap:clap now next week is another story i went shopping on ebay :eek:eek:eek

CLARE!!!! You stop that!!! You're draggin' us all down! I was sitting on your floor (in my mind), going through that stash with you, one skein at a time... petting it, ooohing over teh color or the feel, thinking what it would be "perfect" to make with it.....

I'd better not find any good sales at ACMoore tomorrow, you've tempted me!

I want to get out of the hole!

Archived