STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Thanks Angelfire for tallying and taking over for Krystal!!!

I am finished with the yarn on my flannelghan, I just need to tuck in some ends. I finished 2 more skeins doing the border!! So, starting the week off properly!! +4

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I am stunned! I actually got an award this week! Thanks to eBay and a major destash.

This week, we're camping, so I'm back to either very few points for next Saturday, or, if there's a yarn shop in Amherstburg, more negatives!

Sally

of no surprise... Nght <444> <----shoot the Moon

I see Krystal's been a bit of an influence on you! :lol

I've got +2 to start out the week, on partials I've used on squares for that CAL. Not much, but it's a start! I have a bunch of stuff up on eBay ending tomorrow too. I went and bought a new cam yesterday afternoon, the other one is apparently done. It's been charging all night & is ready to go, so eBay, here I come!

I also have a *few* things I'm waiting on from eBay and orders at Herrschners & Yarn Forward... these next 2 weeks could be interesting! :devil

Anglefire thanks for helping out Krystal -

:clap:yay Great job everyone on busting out the skeins :yay:clap

I am happy to report I have started out this week great with +5 so far this morning - usually that means trouble for me later in the week - but I have no more room and I have to bust through my stash and get a handle on my greed :hook:yarn:devil

Here hoping everyone has a great week bustin!!!:yes

So, I started well, but just got back from JoAnn's. I joined the Cotton Totebag CAL and needed to get some cotton for the bag. I could have done a cotton scrap tote and I might with the left overs from this bag, but the cotton I bought is for a holiday gift, so it needed to be uniform. SO, after all that rambling I bought 3 skeins (2 lbsers and a ball) and lose 6 points.

I just came home from the thrift store where I found 16 skeins and 3 balls of some mohair mix, shetland wool and llama/wool mix all stuff I haven't tried yet so had to get them. I got it all for under 6 dollars. One ball says 12.00 on it! Now I have to figure out what to do with it. :lol

2 points for me today. I finished an afghan which used all but a tiny little ball of those stinkin Caron pounder thingy's... I threw the ball away so I could count 2 points!! LOL!

I'm bad, I know!

I made two skeins into balls making a kitchen set as a thank you for a coworker, so +2 for me there. Next I'm making a sweater for another coworker's daughter, so I should definetly be getting some more points.

Not sure how this happened, but I went into HL to get some stamping stuff to make some "Handmade for you..." tags to go on some craft show items and managed to walk out WITHOUT any yarn!! There were some types that I would buy on sale. I am so shocked. I claim exhaustion.

I busted 5 balls today making circles of hope for angelfire! I'm shooting for getting back to 0 at least if not into the positives yet this week. I'm close to finishing a few skeins :yay

Here is this weeks update;

Gold Medalist ............crochetsal 100

Silver Medalist ...........KellyA 55

Bronze Medalist .........renegade 22

----------

yay, I got a bronze medal. I'm going to enjoy that oh so briefly, because I orderd 24 pounds of mill ends from Caron, and according to UPS, the box is being delivered today (I'll update tomorrow).

I've been away at a conference and just getting back and saw this. Last week was a good week I have to admit.

I walked into Micheal's yesterday and they had a sale on simply soft for .99 so I could not help leaving with 66 skeins of yarn.. So I am and negative 132 points but well worth it I am even thinking of sharing my find with some people

I finished all the squares for my afghan!! I have to make some more flowers for a coworker. So I used 3 balls so far this week. I think I'm going to try washing the squares before I assemble the afghan. I don't think they'll need blocking. Putting it together will be hard, since it's going to be at least 6 ft. long and 4 ft. (+?) wide.

Ellie 13

I got my giant box of mill ends from Caron yesterday (the shipping was very fast!). I felt like a kid at Christmas opening it up to see what goodies were inside.

There were 24 bags with a huge variety of yarns/colors. When I totalled up the damage, I had 70 total skeins of yarn:

7 full pounders, 3 in white, 4 in a pretty dark green.

2 bags of simply soft quick in a bright purple, 13 skeins total

2 bags SS in Light Country Blue (6 skeins total)

2 bags SS in Country Blue (9 skeins total)

3 bags of SS in Grey Heather (7 skeins total)

4 bags SS in Orchid (15 skeins total)

2 bags SS in Pink (6 skeins total)

2 bags SS in Bone (7 skeins total)

It's going to take some time busting through this stash, but the only thing I got I don't know if I'll want to keep is the SS Quick. The rest will for sure be put to a good use someday soon.

So, this brings my total for the week to -140 at this time.

I caved again today getting some more yarn for some SP work. I bought 4 skeins of cotton. So, that -8 for me! Oh man, I really need to get some work done, because my scores keeps getting smaller and smaller!!

Used up 1 skein, but bought 3, so I'm at -4 right now, for the week, hoping to use up another skein before tomorrow

Archived