STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job everyone on busting the stash, and thanks to scc51055's hubby for keeping me off the bottom of the list two weeks in a row :devil

I am off to a good start on this week - square CAL :clap is still going on

Some how I always do great for that - figures after all the yarn I have acquired :lol

So far this week Iam -24 again, only went to the shop to buy some more white that I needed and ended up getting a pack (4 balls in a pack) of blue, pink and peach:devil

Rox

While helping a neighbour pick up something she'd purchased at a yard sale, I mentioned never finding yarn at yard sales, and she mentioned a yard sale she'd been to that morning.

On the down side, the yarn was priced not much lower than retail. There were even a few bags of a skein of yarn, originally marked $1.99 and obviously several years old...priced at $2.

On the upside, that meant I wasn't as tempted. I did find some yarn, and talked her down a few dollars, so wound up bring 13 whole skeins and 1 ball of something. The something looks like it's baby yarn, but it's black, with a multicolour metallic thread throughout. I'm seeing either fashion doll clothes, or dolls...or both!

So...after counting that in, and also counting the last of a ball that I used in an amigurumi style doll...I'm at -26 so far this week. Hoping to use up more before Saturday and this time actually having something to post on Saturday!!

Sally

Well, my christmas present yarn started to come in. Right now, I've received 69 skeins of yarn. SOOOOO

-158 for me so far this week!!!

I've gone through 2 balls so far this week, but I'm getting a little itchy to binge on some yarn. It's been a good long while since I've bought any. I'm holding out, but I'm not sure how long I'll last! :blush

~Tami

Here's our scores for the week!

Nght 303 GOLD MEDALIST

laughlovehook 129 SILVER MEDALIST

Ellie_13 20 BRONZE MEDALIST

hseger 17

angelfire 12

flyinghooks 8

DesertCrocheter 4

tlisley 4

stargazingirly 2

renegade -6

Krystal16 -12

rlanto -19

krazy-kitty -26

KellyA -46

scc51055 -153 <-- SHOOT THE MOON!

I got a medal :cheer:woo:jumpyay

I was just trying to get into the top 5! I never thought I'd get a medal.

Ellie 13

Have a good break Krystal!!!

I finished a skein last night!! So, that's +2. Slowly, but surely, I'll get my score back up!

I was a naught girl, yes it's true. I saw on the Hobby Lobby flyer yesterday that they have Sinfonia on sale this week for $2.66 a skein! That's almost half off, and better than the clearance price usually is. So I bought 11 skeins. I would have bought more, only I didn't like the other colors that much. :lol

I also bought 3 large pounders of some cotton yarn for my summer cotton swap partner, which I'm going to mail probably next week.

So, this week so far, I'm at -28, mostly because I haven't been doing that much crochet this week.

As punishment, I forgot to take my wallet out of the Hobby Lobby bag last night when I got home, so I came in to work today with no wallet, meaning no cash, no debit card, no ID. I do however have my checks with me, so I was able to get breakfast and I'll be able to get lunch pretty easily.

I used up a ball today edging a blanket. +1 Then I used up 1/2 a skein on a little girls skirt. I may use up the rest tonight but not sure. And if I don't post now I'll forget. +1

Yesterday I used up a ball plus another skein on my friends comfort shawl. So +3.

+5 total

Over the last two nights, I've been able to knock out 3 skeins, so that's looking like +6 on that one, which is good, since I got 5 skeins in the mail yesterday as well, so that gives me -10. So, alas, -4. Ah well, I received all almost all of my holiday gift yarns, so I should busy enough for the next 6 months!!

I sent out the last 27 skeins from last weeks eBay sale, +54

Used up 7 more partials working on the squares & daughters the other day +7 - +61 total

Can I use any more before the deadline? Remains to be seen.... :D

Knocked out another 2 skeins tonight at work. It was easy going without clients up and about. Not to mention, I'm done with my end of the month statistics (which is convenient only if a client doesn't get put out for behavior or something), so I've got smooth sailing for crocheting until Sunday night when I actually have to open the new month. I might get some damage done with these presents. It won't be so easy when I start on the sweaters. I really am not good at sweaters, but I figure I won't get better if I don't try!

Archived