STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tami,

Yes, set your weekly score to zero, but start a year to date score. Just add you weekly score to it (or subtract as the case may be lol!)

Tami,

Yes, set your weekly score to zero, but start a year to date score. Just add you weekly score to it (or subtract as the case may be lol!)

Thank you Traci, I'll go do that now.

~Tami

I spent the morning blazing through a few bags of balls. I counted 30 balls, it could have been more, but some of them were bitsy, so I'm not plussed.

So, I start the week off on a good foot. +30

I was just gifted with 40 balls of yarn from my grandmother!! So I'm starting off the week with a bang in the wrong direction... not that I'm complaining mind you! LOL! They range in size from about a golf ball to a small playground ball!! My stripey is about to get really colorful!:clap:cheer

Uhhh... make that 43...lol...

Since this is my first week, I figured I'd add a picture of what I have to "bust", it's not as bad as I thought. But it filled my queen size bed :blush

I guess I started the week off by finishing of a complete pounder on my box stitch afghan today. So that makes me +2 so far?

DSCF2293.jpg

Ahhh, I love Holidays in July.

I just gifted a lot of stuff. All told, 6 skeins of yarn, 10 thingers of thread, and 1 ball of yarn. So, that's +33 for me.

Really, I'm just making a lot of room for the flux of yarn I'm going to be getting soon. While I don't know if I'll be able to touch Nght's abilities, I'm going to try!!!!

I finished one ball of red yarn while I was crocheting donation squares last night.

That make me +3 :yay

I used up a ball/skein of fun fur. But will have to grab another from the shop tomorrow as my scarf isn't quite big enough for my liking. Plus I used up 1/2 skein of black putting together some granny's for a blanket. And will probably use another but not sure when it will get finished as I have other pressing and important projects that require lots of stash busting yarns!:clap

So right now I stand at +11 for the week. But my yarn order will soon be here and it has several skeins destined for my stash so that number will go down quite a bit.:eek

For the first time in several weeks, I'm starting this week in the positive! I have +4 for the week. It may not win me any awards, but it's a positive after all the yarn aquisitions I've made in the last several weeks! I used up 2 skeins on my 63 More ghan that I've been working on forever. :cheer

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Last week I ended with a negative and I thought I would do much better this week since I have no plans whatsoever to buy ANY yarn/thread. Well, good plans gone awry...I recieved in the mail yesterday a very lovely package from a friend and it contained numerous balls of size 80 thread along with 2 skeins of Paton's Grace yarn. So, that is negative 18 points for me. BUT...I did use up two leftover balls of thread this week so far so that gives me negative 16 points total. Yay! Now let's see if I can get out of this hole before the week is over. I sure hope so. I almost have a whole ball of thread done as I speak. I will have another update this evening, I am sure.

Okay. Got one ball of thread knocked out so far today. That makes a plus two for me. (which gives me a total of negative 14. Drats)

I got rid of 8 skeins of yarn yesturday, ones that I had been gifted or brought home and forgot what I was going to make with them. So +16. :yay I'm going to be going through my stash and see what else I can take down to the store. I have a gal putting in a large order for a cloak (will use like 18 skeins :eek ) But as it's an order and not yarn for my stash... I don't think it should/would count. :blush

Happy Hooks, :hook

Archived