STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the bating suit and cover-up for my step-daughter's doll.....I also made a matching cover-up and head band for my step-daughter.....here's the link

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=809577&postcount=405

I used up one more ball finishing it off, so +1 more for me.....

And once again, I'm finding myself a bit lacking on the project front. I've got christmas gifts in the works, but I haven't purchased the yarn yet. I need to get working on vetting my pattern for the laptop sleeve and then asking for other people to look at it for me, but when I was digging through my stash, I wasn't moved by any of the yarn to work with. I think I might spend a part of this weekend going through the stash to see what I actually have! So, we'll see what gets done tonight at work.

I decided to try out a pattern I saw here on the 'ville for a "shroat.".....mix between a shrug and a coat. It's turned out ok, but not for me......little too small in some places.....I'll probably give this one to my step-daughter and make myself another one. Anyway, I used up 5 balls of pink yarn making the "shroat" so +5 more for me......

Hmmm....

Well, your fearless leader is weak. Y'know the song, "These Boots are Made for Walkin'"?

Well, my sandals were made for walking right to the CLEARANCE sale at JoAnn's...

Here's the damage:

1 Bernat Baby Soft- Bubble Gum (.97) -2

3 TLC Heathers - Mulberry (.97) -6

14 - Lion WoolEase - Pines (.97) -28

4 - Caron Bliss - Merlot (.97) -8

3 - Royale Crochet Thread - Blue Shades (.97) -6

4 - Bernat Soft Boucle - Blue (.97) -8

6 - Bernat Soft Boucle - Mauve Shades (.97) -12

3- Caron Jumbo Prints - Evening Jewels Ombre (1.97) -6

1 - Caron Simply Soft Brites - Lemonade (.97) -2

Total: -78 (But all of THAT yarn was under $40!!!!)

Can you BLAME me?

Krystal- I have come to realize that noone can really be blamed for yarn addictions.....they are OCD in nature....you love it so much you have to have it, but then you hate yourself the next day(like any true addiction) ....:sigh

I have used up two more full skeins on a prayer shawl +4, I've made a ball out of a skein for a new AG design +1, and while I've dipped into a few skeins for various things I cannot claim points for them. So only adding 5 today.

biz

Krystal- I have come to realize that noone can really be blamed for yarn addictions.....they are OCD in nature....you love it so much you have to have it, but then you hate yourself the next day(like any true addiction) ....:sigh

Well, then MAYBE I don't have a TRUE addiction, because I NEVER hate myself afterwards! I love it, love it, love it when I get a deal like that and totally feel happy forever and ever! (The happiness does NOT preclude me from hiding new purchases from my husband, though - I DO realize it at LEAST as a sickness...)

I *did* contemplate taking out the yarn I think I'll never need or use and selling it on ebay, but then that silly thought went away all on its own.

The Herrschners warehouse sale started today and runs through Sunday. I am trying very hard to resist the temptation to drive and buy yarn...but I will be going by there on my way to vacation on Friday.

Today I finished up 2 balls making a few extra 2" squares in colors that I want to include in my DGD's afghan that only had 4 squares done. I went over the amount needed but maybe I will just make it bigger.

I used 4 balls making 2 daisy squares and 2 balls on 2 smilie squares (+6). I'll send them out tomorrow. I gifted 3 skeins (+6) to a neighbor. I had so many hooks, so I sent a bunch to a charity, and wouldn't you know it, my mom found a bag of hooks in a donation of yarn she got! I was really good, I only took the hooks and 1 skein of white (-2). +10 so far this week.

Ellie 13

I was bad....but it wasn't my fault....:no Hobby Lobby has Caron SS on sale right now, and that's the yarn I'm using for my mom and dad's Christmas afghans, sooooooo:blush Plus I needed one more skein of each color to finish my grandfather's afghan......All in all I'm -18 in the hole, which is not too bad, I guess.......

Krystal- mine too is worse since I joined this CAL :)

I too hit up the sale at Joann's and bought 17 skeins of baby yarn so -34. I'm going to have to go up to another Joann's and see what they have left too.

Has anyone else noticed that since MY starting this CAL that my score has gotten progressively deeper and deeper in the hole? I am beginning to believe that I am incorrigible.

:devil Now I don't feel so bad! I had won an auction last week, and received it yesterday. 30 balls in all, mostly thread!!! AND, I told my sister I would crochet her a bolero to wear to her son's graduation and had to order yarn for that, so when that gets here, that's another -12 for me!!

For busting? I had two points, having used up two part balls. I crocheted my clown doll pattern using thread, hoping to use up the last of one ball of white...STILL have some left!!! The clown was smaller than I thought...4", and not as hard to work in thread as I thought. A little tricky...but not too bad!

clowndoll2.jpg

Sally

Sally that is sooo cute!

I'm scared of thread crochet.... but love the things that can be made from it:clap

I bought two pound of love pounders yesterday... pink and yellow to make a dreamy wraps afghan for my future niece.... its made of 196 2 inch squares, which scares me a little, but the finished picture looks so cute I had to give it a try!

Well, another -10 for me. I had to stop at Joanne's last night for some buttons, and I had been hearing about the big yarn clearance sale, so I thought I'd take a look. Most of the stuff I'd be interested in buying had already been picked clean, but I did manage to get 2 skeins of Bernat Baby Coordinates and 3 skeins of RH Kids. Plus my buttons, all for $6.

At those prices, it's almost criminal not to buy the yarn!:lol

I feel like if I had continued to forget to post the 9 skeins of yarn that I bought on Saturday(and forgot to subtract) I would've been cheating. So here I am fessing up...-18 for 9 skeins on Saturday. Used one of them up today though..:) +2.

I am getting so far behind on this stashbusting thing. Okay. The last week I did anything I ended up with negative 1 because people saw fit to supply me with more yarn. (don't they all know I am stashbusting here??? sheesh!) Anyways, I am doing good this week. So far I have 16 points for the week. Better than the past month or so. I am off to update my siggy with all these happenings and then hopefully I will be able to keep on top of this CAL.

I bought 15 more skeins at Joann's today but busted 2 little balls so -28 more. I'm in too deep a hole to get out of this week so I might as well go to the other Joann's and see what they have :)

Archived