STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I finally made some progress!! :cheer:clap Used up 4 balls and 1 skein on an afghan for my grandmother for Christmas. I have 4 or 5 more afghan after this one, so I'm going to have to work a little faster than this to get them all done :eek Anyway, +6 for me....and it's back to work.....

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up 2 more balls on the afghan for grandma!!:clap It's almost done......I might be able to get it done by tomorrow if I work hard on it tonight after work.....we'll see.....

last night I finished up another ball of yarn +1, today I donated 40 skeins of yarn that I bought at E-bay and wound into balls to the abuse shelter for the ladies to learn to crochet +80 and then I received 9 skeins and three balls from a swap on a different forum so that made -23. I also received a box with Circles of Hope from a kind Crochetville member in which she included 14 balls and 3 partial skeins for my charity project which is a -17 for a total of +41 for the day. I plan on working on more Circles of Hope and 2" squares for my Harlequin afghan tonight, so hopefully I can post more progress in the morning.

I got +1 little bitty point for making a skein almost gone and I'm only 1 ounce away from another point but I finished the project before using it so that point will have to wait. :(

Well...............I thought i would be out of the hole today with all i have done all week, but my great notions swap partner, mindy, sent me some cotton yarn for dishclothes! this is the first time i have been gifted yarn and it is a great way to add to your stash! i loved opening the box and getting a surprise! i got 6 really pretty skeins so that will put me at -12 for the day so off to change my signature back to 0 for the week, at least it is not in the negs. but i am stopping on the way home from work to get a skein of tlc to finish a baby blanket.

krystal.........my friends ghan has no particular colors, but my favorites are the country blues and greens and pastels. thanks for thinking of me!

My score will be zero for the week unless these fingers get busy when i get home from work.

Just sweeping in for a bit...

Cats ruined 2 more balls for me and I took care of 2 this morning working on my laptop pattern, so that +4 for me!!!

I don't see completing anything yarn related before 8pm... so I guess my score stays at -307 for the week. I could think of worse things!! :devil

I don't think I'll finish any more yarn enough for points before the deadline so my score for the week is +1 in case we aren't home in time to post it. At least for once in a long time I'm in the positives :)

Hi, just got back from work so here is my score for this week, sorry if its a little late, no computers at work I could use.

used 1 full ball and 1 partial ball of skin and 1 partial ball of white for harry doll.

Had to throw my shrug away cause of cat pee, not sure how many points to allocate for this. Started off as full balls, but when I frogged it, I got loads of small balls (too many to count or remember).

So, will give 2 pionts for 1 full ball of lilac, and 4 points for 2 full balls of purple.

So total for week is 10

Rox

Hmm. I'm thinking this is exactly what I need to get involved in, considering my stash is getting quite big. But, as the stash is currently spread between my apartment, my mother's house, and my fiance's parents' house in Shreveport it's hard to even really begin to know how much I have. We're moving in July to Louisiana, so I'll have plenty of time to crochet.

Robyn, the beauty of this CAL is that you don't actually have to INVENTORY your stash, you just have to USE it! :D

Of course, you'll find that the urge to buy more is often quelled by pawing through what you already have and sorting and stacking it for an hour or so. :rofl

Robyn, the beauty of this CAL is that you don't actually have to INVENTORY your stash, you just have to USE it! :D

Of course, you'll find that the urge to buy more is often quelled by pawing through what you already have and sorting and stacking it for an hour or so. :rofl

hehe Well, since my fiance' made me take anything that isn't directly a part of one of my orders or the afghans for us back to SHreveport, I don't have much here that isn't a part of one of those afghans. Since I've promised to finish all five afghans by the weekend after July 4 (when we're probably moving) I'll probably have to rebuild my stash here soon.

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS WEEK'S WINNERS?

angelfire 127 GOLD MEDALIST!:woo

krazy-kitty 10 SILVER MEDALIST!:cheer

Ellie_13 9 BRONZE MEDALIST!:jumpyay

tamugrad02 8

yarndiva 6

stargazingirly 5

rlanto 4

Krystal16 3

Moonlightbliss33 3

hseger 1

KellyA 1

Lavelle26 1

DesertCrocheter 0

scc51055 0

renegade -8

KnittinMItchie -10

Nght -307 SURPRISED?!?! SHOOT THE MOON AWARD!!!:rofl

Oh darn it, missed placing by 3 points!

Well, I hope this next week will be more productive!

I am almost to the -100 mark and am hoping to be under -100 by end of next week.

Archived