Valentine Mystery CAL ..Day #6 Post 354, 329, 308, 284, 124,202

minwifeof4boys

If yours is a bracelet, Jeannie, then mine is a ring! LOL. I am using #10 thread. (well ok maybe a bit bigger than a ring, but not by much.)

Hey jeannie - we are neighbors sort of. I am in SE Michigan! Right outside of Detroit.

Yep, maybe about a couple hours' drive? Depending on which side of Detroit you're on. I'm in the beautiful metropolis of Kalamazoo! Man, I'm chatty today.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lea, Hey! We are having a wintery mix of snow/sleet/rain, so we may not have electricity this evening, (PRAYING we do have electric ;) so I will check back as soon as I can for tomorrows pattern. I may try this first part out after while, (arm is still sore from yesterday) did do some crocheting last night on my yo yo ghan, (probably shouldn't have). Any how, I'm excited about this, can't wait! :D

Jeannie, do you have yours done for today? ;) I'll try to keep up too. :)

Oh I can't wait to go home from work and start this! This will be my first CAL and I love the mystery! I can see how this can become addicting.

What is the graph paper for? When do we use it? I apologize but I'm new and have no idea what graphing is.

Thanks!

Lea, Hey! We are having a wintery mix of snow/sleet/rain, so we may not have electricity this evening, (PRAYING we do have electric ;) so I will check back as soon as I can for tomorrows pattern. I may try this first part out after while, (arm is still sore from yesterday) did do some crocheting last night on my yo yo ghan, (probably shouldn't have). Any how, I'm excited about this, can't wait! :D

Jeannie, do you have yours done for today? ;) I'll try to keep up too. :)

Yep, Sarah, got it done! You be careful with your arm and take care of it. I know you can catch up if you miss a day or two. I pray you guys don't lose any of your utilities! We just have about 8-10" of snow on the ground and expecting a few more but that's all. Nothing to it up here.

I'm not trying to make light of your weather. As I've already said, I know what winter storms can do in areas that aren't prepared to handle it. I pray for everyone's safety.

Yeah!!! This is my first time particpating in the Mystery Cal here. Thankfully, I had allready picked up my cotton. It started snowing here around 5am. I took tons of pictures. It is not often that we get snow here. The kidseven made a snowman. That was fun!!!

I did my first 5 rows. Can't wait to get part 2!!!!

Thanks Jeannie! We're origionally from Ohio so we know about snow, lovely snow, glorious snow, beautiful snow (did I mention I love snow! :D But here it is wet, icy rain that weight the power lines down, that's what causes the problems. You know the funny thing is you can't find any bread or milk at the grocerie stores when there is even a chance of snow! :) It is raining right now, has been for a while. If it doesn't freeze we should be ok ;)

I miss all the snow from Michigan. I grew up there, I just moved to NC 3 years ago. I lived in the outskirts of Detroit.( Over in Allen Park) I liked how we were so much more prepared there than we are here. I am hoping that it dosn't get so bad here that we lose poer. They are really concerned about it here. We are suppose to get freezing rain later today.

Sarah, that is the one thing that I think is sooo funy here. The mere mention of snow and everyone runs to the grocery store to buy all the milk and bread.

make my own bread so rarly buy that.Unfortunatly I did need to run to te store for milk yesterday. There was a lt of people in the store buying food. Guess they wanted to make sure they had plenty for today. IT is only going to last for today though. Souds like it will be nice tomorrow. (In the low 50's)

I live 10 miles north of Oxford, NC.. they told us we were going to get about 2 inches with freezing rain and ice... they closed schools... WE HAVEN"T HAD THE FIRST FLAKE!!!!!! They are still calling for bad stuff...

I'll believe it when I see it!!!!

Question: Is the Sugar 'n Cream yarn colorfast? I'm worried that the red will bleed into the white when it's washed. I have a variegated dishcloth that bleeds like crazy!

Lea! I say the same thing all the time. LOL! They predict it a lot but itnever happens. But this time it did.

Heres a picture of our house this morning.

100_0684.jpg

And here is our driveway to the main road.

100_0681.jpg

These pictures were taken at 7am.

Ok, I started! This is going to so much fun. I'm looking forward to see what we end up with.

Snowing here today also.

Just a quick question will we do this over the weekend?

Question: Is the Sugar 'n Cream yarn colorfast? I'm worried that the red will bleed into the white when it's washed. I have a variegated dishcloth that bleeds like crazy!

I would do cold water for a few washes...Some bleeds andsome doesn't....

Here is a picture of my back yard with the snow today.

th_Picture009-1.jpg

I have the wood stove going just in case we lose power. So I can stay warm and crochet. :clap

Thanks, Lea. Think it'll be okay if I put the whole ball of yarn in a mesh bag and wash it before I use it? :think:idea:badidea

I don't know if I ever said thank you for doing this. But it is so nice of you. I know you have fun with it and I really appreciate it that you share all this fun with us. This is my 1st mystery CAL and I see where you've done quite a few!

Thanks, Lea. Think it'll be okay if I put the whole ball of yarn in a mesh bag and wash it before I use it? :think:idea:badidea

I don't know if I ever said thank you for doing this. But it is so nice of you. I know you have fun with it and I really appreciate it that you share all this fun with us. This is my 1st mystery CAL and I see where you've done quite a few!

Well thank you! I'd just crochet and hten wash in cold water... depending what the finished product is... you might not need to wash it often:D

Sarah, that is the one thing that I think is sooo funy here. The mere mention of snow and everyone runs to the grocery store to buy all the milk and bread.

make my own bread so rarly buy that.Unfortunatly I did need to run to te store for milk yesterday. There was a lt of people in the store buying food. Guess they wanted to make sure they had plenty for today. IT is only going to last for today though. Souds like it will be nice tomorrow. (In the low 50's)

Yeah, it is just so different here than how people deal with snowy weather in the north. :D I love the south and I love the north too! I just love everywhere! :D

Nice to start the day with instant gratification! Just enough time to finish it up while I sipped a whole cup of coffee this morning.

Will this CAL give out the instructions daily or weekly? I am not sure how it works. If daily, I will catch up after I got back from out of town trip this weekend.

Nice to start the day with instant gratification! Just enough time to finish it up while I sipped a whole cup of coffee this morning.

Will this CAL give out the instructions daily or weekly? I am not sure how it works. If daily, I will catch up after I got back from out of town trip this weekend.

Daily..... we'll be waiting for you to get back!!

Archived