Valentine Mystery CAL ..Day #6 Post 354, 329, 308, 284, 124,202

minwifeof4boys

Okay, I just got home from Michael's and bought one skein of Sugar n Cream for this CAL. I already had white.

All I could get was Hot Pink and it's really garish, hideous pink. I'm not sure even Barbie would wear this color!:lol It was the only pink that they carried:angry and their shelves were stocked to the brim. SO, obviously the new Michael's is no better than the old one about stocking decent colors/yarns. Geesh, It's almost Valentine's Day, for Pete's sake. You'd think they'd put in at least 1 box of red on their shelves!

I hate them anyway. They never carry anything I need but I was desperate: could only be away from recovering hubby for 20min., they were close and I wanted to be ready for this CAL. Now I am and will be able to sit quietly till Feb. 1.

First guess: is it a washcloth? a headband? a..........?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ana..Valentines Day is all about the glam!!!! So a horrid pink is somehting you can truely get by with this time of year!:P

...Of course this is from someone who just crocheted around heart shaped cookie cutters with red fun fur to hang in my windows :D

Hope your hubby is doing well...

I'm in! :D

Jeannie, a button is like a little sign with the CAL name on it to add to your blog. ;)

I realized that after I asked the question...duh! But thanks, Sarah, as always, for your help!! However, don't know that I'll ever have a blog.

Glad you're in on this one; it's my first...was gonna tell you about it..... Hopefully, I'll be up for it and can complete it, a little at a time :D, and we can keep up with each other's progress. Sounds like fun!

Leticia Welcome! Glad to ahve another Tarheel... if your close enough we can get a group of NC hookers together and work through it if you should need help... of course the closest to me is Ilene and she is STILL 45 minutes away!

Hi ladies, I'm a bit late getting here but I have arrived! Please don't tell my family cause I'm usually waiting on everyone else.

I got plenty of white cotton from doing the Curley Cute hats for Christmas, will have to get some red.

Lea, we got ice here last night. Pine tree at my window is leaning over nearly in half. It's a small tree and should bounce back.

me, too! this sounds like fun! do you think this is something my girls would like? (ages 5-9) if so I could make duplicates of each step as we go along so that when we were done I'd have all 4 finished! Sounds good to me, but if it's something like a washcloth....well...I actually made them some for Christmas! lol

me, too! this sounds like fun! do you think this is something my girls would like? (ages 5-9) if so I could make duplicates of each step as we go along so that when we were done I'd have all 4 finished! Sounds good to me, but if it's something like a washcloth....well...I actually made them some for Christmas! lol

Even if it ends up being a washcloth... you could make purses out of it instead.

hmmmm...I think what I was planning on making could be revamped into something for little girls... I might work on a prototype tonight cause it has me thinking we could have some major cuteness going on here......

I can't wait for this...very excited to learn the "graph" thing. I bought some white cotton today...they had no other solid colors. But, great news is that I have an order from Annie's coming and I know I bought some solid cotton, so I should be all set! Hubby wants me to make him a number 3 pillow, so no better time to learn!:cheer

hmmmm...I think what I was planning on making could be revamped into something for little girls... I might work on a prototype tonight cause it has me thinking we could have some major cuteness going on here......

YAY! :clap Sounds like fun, thanks for doing this--can't wait to get started (tho I"ll be gone on the 1st, but will catch up later that evening :hook)

Archived