"Mirror Image" Afghan

nucki

I didn't use an established pattern for this... just made it up as I went along. I call it the "Mirror Image" Afghan because the squares (they're 4 large squares) look like mirror images to me - exactly the same in reverse.

This was a Christmas present for my next-door-neighbor and friend, May (she's the one whose daughter I made that amigurumi "dudette" and pillow for back in May of last year). She didn't actually get it until this past Sunday, but that's how it goes sometimes. I didn't know how much yarn I would need because I was doing it from my head, and when I ran out... the store didn't have any of the green I needed. It wasn't until 2 days before Christmas that they got any more in, and by that time there was NO way I was going to get it done on time. So I just worked on it like mad after Christmas, and managed to get it done by Saturday night. I washed it, dried it, took a pic of it and wrapped it.

Better late than never, right?:hook

MaysGreenAndWhiteAfghan02.jpg

Well I didn't actually measure it, so I can't be absolutely certain, but I think it would fit a double bed. It would certainly hang over the sides of a single (twin) bed.

The couch I had it draped over is a 3-seater, and it pretty much completely covered it (as you can see), if that helps you visualize it any.

Archived