Dog Christmas Collars and Coats

Sahahne

I thought I'd put these in the one thread. While it's still too hot here for coats for the dogs, these were their Christmas presents.

The jingle bell collars were made from Roli's wonderful Jingle Bells Collar pattern. They were very easy to make - it took a bit more work to get the dogs to actually wear them however! You can tell by their expressions in the first picture. The second was once they forgot they were wearing the collars and resumed their playing!

And you can imagine the work it took to get our Molly-dog to wear the santa hat. It's not crocheted but I had to add the picture as it makes me chuckle every time I look at it.

th_ChristmasDogs2.jpg th_HappyChristmasDogs.jpg th_ChristmasMolly.jpg

And here are our dogs, Tuppy and Molly, modelling their Christmas presents. I made the coat patterns up as I went. I had intended to join in the CAL for this, but got a bit caught up with getting them done for Christmas!

I used the graphs for the letters from CrochetKim's website (I will one day make a baby blanket and use the letters as they were intended!), and I made up the graph for the bone myself. I've since been asked to make two more of the coats for my cousins' dogs. Spoilt dogs aren't they, with monogrammed coats!

th_TuppyTBone.jpg th_Molly2.jpg

Wow Kristy! Your pups look so good in their collars and coats. I'll bet they were the best dressed pups in the family this Christmas. I love the photo with the Santa hat. I've tried making a graph for a bone myself and never had much luck in getting it to look quite right. Yours really turned out well.:dog

I love the collars and the sweaters. I think that I will have to get to work on a sweater for my dog. She's not a small dog (about 45-50 lbs) but seems to think that she's one of those toy/lap dogs and if you take her bandana/collar/sweaters etc off she sits and looks at you as though you've taken away her most prized possesion. A monogram sweater would be perfect for her.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived