Ladybug

jingles96

The niece I just finished making ponchos for loves ladybugs. Fortunately they're a good luck charm here in Germany, so I can find lots of little things to send her for presents. :blush

Anyway, I thought about making a ladybug for the poncho (instead of a flower) and whipped this up:

ladybug_web.jpg

The FO is too big for the poncho though - it's roughly a third of the length! (It's about 3inx3in) Besides, the colors clash.

So, I'll probably just send loose along with the poncho. Unless somebody has a better idea?

Oh, the pattern is here - it calls for using thread, but I used some leftover Red Heart that I have. So I kind of winged it for the spots - the worsted weight was getting too big with the stitches they called for. Oops.

See my crochet blog for a little more info.

Anna, this is really cute. I would make one in the color of the poncho (or a solid of the color if variegated) along with the black. Would be really cute!

Anna - I did a ladybug poncho last fall - it turned out cute - for the ladybug - I used a pattern for an egg and added black. i'll try and find the pattern online if you are interested. Yours is very cute!!!

ResizeWizard-ladybug.jpg Mine really does kinda look like polka dotted Easter Egg - oh well!!!

Great idea Anna! It might work out better in size if you used a sport or baby weight yarn? Something like that stuff I got for the baby ghan, it's pretty thin and you could use a g hook with it... might give you the smaller size you're wanting =)

Archived