socks....

cherrypicker

I found some lilac sock yarn in a charity shop...( I didnt know what it was to begin with, then I discovered the wrapper tucked into the ball,) I found a great pattern on here in the sock thread....so here are my socks!

myfirstpairofsocks.jpg

I liked them so much I purchased some more yarn on ebay, I found some for £4.50 a ball, the more popular colours are alot more than that, and so I made myself another pair! I love this yarn, its Opal Magic.....lovely to work with and amazing to wear.

orangesocks.jpg

You know what, I've never liked the idea of crocheted socks...but yours have COMPLETELY changed my mind. I love these! They're great. Which pattern did you use?

Great job!

You know what, I've never liked the idea of crocheted socks...but yours have COMPLETELY changed my mind. I love these! They're great. Which pattern did you use?

Great job!

i used this pattern, but on the orange ones I made the cuff 24 stchs as I wanted to fold it down.

http://www.crochetme.com/in-your-shoes-ankle-socks

Thanks for the pattern! :)

Here's something I've been wondering about: with crocheted socks, does it hurt them to wash them often? Does it have to be done by hand?

Thanks for the pattern! :)

Here's something I've been wondering about: with crocheted socks, does it hurt them to wash them often? Does it have to be done by hand?

it all depends on which yarn you use. some superwash still needs to be washed by hand and hung to dry, but many can be thrown right in the washer AND dryer without any troubles at all. I have many of both and have never had troubles with either. I dont find it daunting to hand wash because I always want to get them washed so I can wear them again :manyheart

ive washed them in with the 30% wash and they seem to come out ok but I would check with the lable on the yarn, I love this opal yarn, Ive had a look at some on ebay, it seems that there are different limited edition lots, rainforest, peticote, and one that is inspired by german artists! I brought some sirdar town and country sock yarn, whilst its lovely and soft, it makes up into stripes but not as pretty patterned as this opal....( made hubs a pair)

here are hubs socks....

hubssocks.jpg

boy, I forgot how big his feet were, they took up alot more yarn! luckily I brought enough! :)

the heel in this pattern is done last and is just rounds with dec stiches in each corner.....I found them quite easy to do and i havent been crocheting a year yet.....why not have a go with any yarn you have......they are quick to make! go on, you know you want to! :)

Archived