Howdy - From Snowy Colorado

Honex99

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:welcomelaurie

my oldest daughter goes to college in Denver and made it out after the first storm --- she goes back this Sunday so hopefully more melted --- welcome to crochetville ---:cheer you will love it

cindy:manyheart

What kind of CAL did you want to try?

We have something for everyone

:think :think I wasn't sure what I should try. I mostly just make baby things for charities. What happens if you join a CAL and then don't complete it? Will I be banned for life? :eek I even thought about starting my own charity CAL, but I think I am too much of a newbie.

Laurie

What kind of CAL did you want to try?

We have something for everyone

:think :think I wasn't sure what I should try. I mostly just make baby things for charities. What happens if you join a CAL and then don't complete it? Will I be banned for life? :eek I even thought about starting my own charity CAL, but I think I am too much of a newbie.

Laurie

The good news is that this is a very forgiving forum. but check out the CAL threads and see if there is not an easy one to cut your eye teeth on.

A bookmark or a heart doily could be a nice start. there is a hat cal happening and a scarf cal or two.

Pick your poison. They are completely addictive. Just follow Julie Kay around and you will be doing more cals than you would dream possible. (she is our fearless leader :manyheart )

Seriously, there are lots of easy to do cals as well as the Commitments

my oldest daughter goes to college in Denver and made it out after the first storm --- she goes back this Sunday so hopefully more melted ---

Well, unfortunately it's snowing again!! :2snow

They said that we were to get 2 inches. Well, it's been snowing since last night. We passed 2 inches a long time ago!:laughroll

welcome to crochetville ---:cheer you will love it

cindy:manyheart

Thank you. I am looking forward to it.

A bookmark or a heart doily could be a nice start. there is a hat cal happening and a scarf cal or two.

Do I make these and send these to someone in the group? Or I am making these things for myself and you guys/gals keep me accountable?

:eek :eek Oh No!! What are commitments?

Do I make these and send these to someone in the group? Or I am making these things for myself and you guys/gals keep me accountable?

No most of them you keep for yourself. There are charity alongs as well but I think you have to be at 40 posts to post there. there is a Charity blitz going on now that you can read if not post... assuming that charity is high on your list. there are instructions for how you can be part of it while building your post count.

(hint, go say hi to 40 people who have just introduced themselves... :heehee )

:eek :eek Oh No!! What are commitments?

Commitments are larger projects like a bedspread, a crochet quilt or something like the Cathedral Rose Window afghan. You are in for a bit if you do them

Welcome!

I'm from Southern Colorado too, as I'm typing, it is snowing.....like the snow but scared to drive in it.

my dad is on dialysis too, thankfully we have a center here in Alamosa.

anyhow, welcome to the group, do you live in Denver?

hugs!~Lee:manyheart

Between the three storms the Denver area received in the past three weeks, my part of town totalled 52 inches. Average snowfall for the entire year is 63 inches. So, instead of playing on the internet, I should be digging my car out (again):P .

Someone was offering the snow for sale on eBay, believe it or not. The last time I looked, there were four or five bids. The sad news is that a zero feedback buyer placed a $150,000 bid (and, of course, was the high bidder). What started as a joke may turn out to be a real headache for the snow seller.

Thanks Darski for all your help

No most of them you keep for yourself. There are charity alongs as well but I think you have to be at 40 posts to post there. there is a Charity blitz going on now that you can read if not post... assuming that charity is high on your list. there are instructions for how you can be part of it while building your post count.

I will go and find that post right away!

(hint, go say hi to 40 people who have just introduced themselves... :heehee )

:lol :lol I kinda figured that one out...LOL:P

However, you have over 1,000 posts. What will that get me? LOL

Commitments are larger projects like a bedspread, a crochet quilt or something like the Cathedral Rose Window afghan. You are in for a bit if you do them

Oh my goodness!! Something like that would take me the rest of my life!!!!!!:yes

Welcome!

I'm from Southern Colorado too, as I'm typing, it is snowing.....like the snow but scared to drive in it.

I love the snow because I am originally from MN. I don't mind driving so much, it is the other drivers that worry me. They drive 60 mph in the big 4-wheel drive SUV's. They may have 4-wheel drive, but they don't have 4-wheel stop on ice.

anyhow, welcome to the group, do you live in Denver?

I live in a suburb called Wheat Ridge. Where in the south are you?

hugs!~Lee:manyheart

:manyheartBack at ya!

Hi Laurie and :welcome from Michigan:hook

You can send some of that snow to Michigan.

How much would you like? They say we are to get more next week. I think we have more than enough to spare!:P

Archived