Crochet Christmas List

I would love to get one of those light up crochet hooks- the largest size they make them in. I simply cannot justify paying $35 for one hook- my wallet can't either!

Honestly? One of those "natural light" floor lamps so I can see to work with black yarn...or any dark yarn at night. Not gonna happen, but I can dream :)

Keep the list coming I'm getting some ideas :hug

I'm like you Alisha. I did get the Edgerydoo. That will be something sort of new. I wouldn't mind a splurge @ Hobby Lobby or Michael's !!

Sherrie where did you get yours or is there only 1 place to buy it online ?

Honestly? One of those "natural light" floor lamps so I can see to work

Ditto! Herrschners has them on sale for under $50 (Not really the one I want, but wouldn't complain if I got it!) :D

I'd like an Ott light. Thanks Karin for the tip on using a coupon at JoAnns!

And (doing a happy dance) I'm getting the 2nd and 3rd Happy Hooker books! DH and I were in Borders, and they were on a buy 2 get 1 free table. Sooo, I told him that's what I wanted. Oh, and he got to pick out the free book! I haven't peeked at them yet, but I like the first book, so these will be fun!

Alice

Y'know, for those looking for Ott lights and can't quite manage the funding for them, here's an alternative suggestion: Dh and I both suffer a little from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder--where the brain chemistry becomes depressed due to lack of sunlight), and he found those lightbulbs that give off full-spectrum light. They are the spiral kind, and not flourescent--they actually have mercury in them instead (so, when they go out, they must go out with hazardous waste) and last 7 years. They also save on energy. One 60-watt light equivalent really only uses about 13 watts of power. One bulb costs about $7-8, but what's that compared to $100?

Back to the topic on-hand, my entire list was crochet items! Additional steel hooks, wooden hooks, books, patterns, yarns, threads, the 2007 CPAD calender, and a bunch of other stuff!! :hook

Well the only 2 things I asked for were books.

The Crochet Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask

and

The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask

We will see if I get them.

Archived