Black and purple muff

Cuddlefish

I saw a muff in a yarnstore a couple of years ago. I didn't get to study it properly, but it never really left my mind, I just loved all those vertical coloured stripes. Now I finally got around to making one like it, and the best thing is, it's all from scraps.

:manyheart

It's all front post doubles, that's what creates the raised stripes. There's a knitted lining and a pocket inside, and the strap is braided. I started it yesterday evening, and I'm really surprised at how quickly it went, despite the slow going of fpdc's. (But then I was sick today and stayed inside and crocheted, maybe that helped move the proces along. :D )

I wanted to put some flat cotton sheets inside the lining, but I couldn't get any, anywhere. So instead I bought a cheap blanket (like 2.5 dollars), and cut it into wide strips to sew inside. I really like how that worked out, because it doesn't weigh as much as I feared it would. I can definitely recommend that. :)

Anyway, here it is:

muffepskrro0.jpg

When it's flat I can wear it over my shoulder, it looks just like a bag:

fladmuffews7.jpg

I don't know if you can see the pocket, but it is in there: :)

indenimuffensr0.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow. That is cool. I'm not a hockey mom; but I used to have one when I was a kid, too. (A white rabbit fur one- hope it wasn't real fur...) You did an awesome job thinking that up!! :clap :clap :clap

Tina

Archived