Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have all my makings for the Square Elegance Bedspread

http://www.therockingchair.us/squareeleganceafghan.html

and now I will have a good reason to focus on this project. it got lost in the holiday shuffle somehow.

I am in

darski

Good for you, this is so much fun, isn't it :yes I can't wait to see it:clap

Well I've officially decided that my Trip around the world I was doing as a bs is now just going to be a throw lol. Now I will be getting ready to start a sampler quilt for my bs so I have nothing started yet since I still have to pick out the blocks for it and then the colors.

Hi there all!

I have really fallen behind the times here. Cohosting the Secret Pal swap took over my life for the last 10 days or so!

Since registration is now over, I will be better able to focus in on other things! :lol

Morning all, Hope this day is full of sunshine with lots of crochet time. I haven't worked on DD blanket in two weeks now. I am trying to finish up on the blue star cal so I can make a layette for a freind of mine.

Good morning, everybody. It is COLD here this morning. :wbrr The thermometer says it's only 20 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrr! :wbrr I know it could be colder, but for Georgia, that's cold. At least it's sunny outside, and that helps.

Knic - Welcome back. You've been missed.:ghug

As I understand it, the only difference between a throw, a lapghan, an afghan, and a bedspread is the size and even that gets blurry.:lol

I actually got my BS out last night and got a row done before bedtime. :hook Yeahhhhh! Only 4 more rows of the middle section, then it's back to the stripes.

Hidey Ho Ladies

Thought I'd take a minute to drop in ,and my minute is gonna turn out to be a lot longer. Wow, am I behind on reading posts !

I'll try to answer some of you and hope I don't forget anyone. If I do, it's not intentional -

Judi - love the colors you have for your squares. I have probably already asked, but what is the light bluish-type color, is it teal ? Very pretty .

Athba- your snowflake -ghan is turning out nicely. That got me to wondering, have you ever seen snow over there where you are ? I'm not very familiar with the weather in your neck of the woods .

Linda- those doilies are absolute works of art. Please tell me you have entered some of your work in the fair- those would win Best of Show .

Shay- glad to hear you are all moved in . It sounds like home sweet home with your chair, hooks, and computer. What more do you need ?

Carol- welcome in --- is the country blues square the one you have chosen ? I wrote down a couple different ones you mentioned and wasn't sure which one you decided to go with.

Cookie-- your squares look nice so far ! It's gonna be a very pretty bedspread .

Anyhow, I'll try to jump in here a little more often guys --- I hate to even mention it , but tomorrow is photo Friday and I will have nothing new to show for mine-- too busy with other stuff this week .

Hope you all didnt get buried under the snow like we did, what a mess !

Julie...If you're asking about the wheel lattice squares for my BS, what looks like a light bluish color is Soft Sage, believe it or not...the lighting and the background probably affected it...but it's a pretty color... soothing, too.

I'm using the same pattern for the pink lapghan I'll be sending my friend soon. It's a way for us to be connected once again:manyheart

JulieKay

I decided on the Country Blues, but I'm not making them in blue..LOL The color will be light rasberry, for the whole square.. I couldn't decide whether to make some white ones too, to put inbetween the rasberry, so I decided on just rasberry, I have the square over on our love seat, looking back at me:manyheart & I love the way it looks, and so does my hubby!!

I was going to make a aquare with a rose in the middle, like rose bower, but I just can't seem to make the rose like it's supposed to be, so I picked out the country blues. I will be ready for photo friday too

Julie, it's sooooo nice to hear from you. :hug I have entered stuff in the local county fair, but not in a very looooooooong time. The best I could do was second place to an older lady who had been crocheting for like forever. I am thinking about trying it again this year. Thanks for the encouragement.:manyheart

Ha HA! I have been working on my bedspread but it is tedious work BUT the good news is that since during the day I have to do inventory (items marked so far are 7,569 and items unmarked..not checked yet..2,766) here at the Native American Resource Library, I get some in-between time to crochet!!!! I have to pace myself to do said inventory because of all the shelves of books we have here, I would suffer MAJOR burnout. At night, when everything is almost quiet, I do have time to work some motifs but since DD has been over at Grandparents due to my having to be at work at 8 AM and her headstart doesn't begin until 11 AM, I find that when I get home, I pick up a hook and work more often.

When my supervisor returns from her trip to Washington D.C., I will be going to work around 9 am....yay! sleep in and crochet more before having to go in..

Athba- are there any mountains over there that get snow on them ? You can tell how good i am at geography. I thought maybe there were mountains someplace in your country that might be high enough to have snow .

Judi -thanks for the explanation about the photo- isn't it strange how these digital cameras or our computers make certain colors look different ? I wonder why ..... hmmm . Mine never looks the right colors either .

Nat- can't wait to see your photo tomorrow . The light rasberry is a pretty color .

Linda- well, I bet you could beat the little grandma with those works of art-- give it a try again ! When is your county fair ? Ours isnt til Sept.

Mel- it sounds like you are making progress, and your job sounds really interesting ! :)

I was working on a rose for the bedspread when this 3rd grader comes up to me and asks: "what are you knitting?" I didn't even look up but I said "nothing...I can't knit to save my life" and he stands there and looks and this time I look up and he looks really confused so I laughed and said that I am crocheting a flower for a bedspread that I am working on.

Then he looks over to one of our PTA members, who is working on a triangular shawl, and asks her what she is crocheting. Amazingly, he spend about 10 minutes asking questions about crocheting and wondering if he could learn. Turns out, his 14 year old sister knits and crochets but she is too busy to teach him. Poor guy....we might end up teaching him a chain stitch before too long.

Back to the point....glad to see you around, Julie:yay

Archived