Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracey, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures! As far as stuff for kid's...I'm getting the itch to use crayon-type colors to make ghans...uh-oh..not a good idea, yet! As you can see from my siggy, I'm becoming addicted again - this time to CAL's!:eek

Judi, Oh my, Thay are hard to resist aren't they. I have been tempted as well. I am trying to be good, but it is sooo hard. I am on my third square and can't wait to take pictures in the morning. Hopefully I will get a bit done on it today.

A little late, but I have a photo of this on my bed.

Here is the thing, my hubby decided that yesterday was a good day to start spring cleaning! Our bedroom was the "catch everything we can't find a spot for before we go to the storage bin" place and it's a MESS right now. All except my bed! I have to sleep in a NEAT bed! :lol

So I blocked out the rest of the room, but I am just showing you my bed! :lol - I am such a spaz.

Ok, here is my dilemna. I put a dark comforter underneath it for you to see it better - the thing fits exactly the TOP of the bed, does not hang over the sides, I guess kinda like what Wanda was saying about what she should do with her spread.

Do you think I can get away with putting some sort of more solid pattern around the sides to hang over the bed, or should it just be a on top of the bed dressing it up sort of thing? Does anyone have any suggestions? Remember, I am wanting to put a mauve color comforter underneath it.

bedspread-012807.jpg

It's me that's heading down to Floriday on Friday...is Shaylen going too? I may be starting another bedspread while in the car, I haven't decided yet. It's a loooong ride from Ny to Fl!!

Anyways I finally got to get more yarn yesterday. It looks like it's a great match but I'll see when I get some squares made. Only 6 more to go!! I'm hoping to get those done and joined as much as I can before I go on vacation.

Knic Knac that looks great! I'm the same way, I always try to make sure there's not a mess in the background. I like how it fits just right on your bed. I have no idea what you could do to make it overhang. Sorry I'm not much help:no

Jessi...have a great trip, crocheting should make it go a little faster!

Kni...it looks absolutely beautiful! I like the idea of something hanging down, but it would be a lot more work and if you like it like it is...go for it! Your bedroom sounds like mine! LOL

Knic, that is beautiful. and don't worry, I only have one day a week to get housework done. And I mainly work on the kitchen and bathrooms. My bedroom is the last on the list aways. I do get to it every now and then.

I am on my fourth square of DD blanket. So far so good.

Shaylen~Have a safe move. I hope it's warm in the Carolinas now. That is where you're going, right? LOL, if not then excuse my brain fart. :lol

Jessi~Have a safe & fun trip. :D

Tracey & Judi~Aren't these CALS addicting? I'm telling ya both it's Julie, she has a very strong pull. Kinda like the black hole. :devil:lol

Julie~:manyheart:hug I'm backkkkkk...........:devil :devil :yes:devil :devil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did manage to work on my BS for a bit today. I finished up another motif so now I have 5 completed. I'm trying to go back & forth between a couple I have going so this may take some time since the motifs are so large. :eek

Jessi -wow, that WILL be a long ride-- you may come home with another completed bedspread ! :lol

Knic- that is just beautiful. I'm with the rest of the ladies, it looks really pretty like it is ,and if you are satisfied with it like that, then leave it. If you feel it's missing something, maybe an overhang would look nice, but I cannot design things for the life of me, so I would be no help at all in that .

Tabby- it sounds like you are back, full of Vim and Vigor . :D

I think it is Julie....:devil

Anyway, I'm still chugging away on my various projects...

Knick....I love the BS - it's really beautiful...but if you really wanted to do something on the edge, why not a deep (tr) border, with a very slight gather so it'll hug the edge? Only if you want to :D

Knic, that is beautiful. If you want it to hang over, just pick a pattern that you can crochet around it. I wouldn't pick anything too busy, perhaps a V stitch or something. You don't want to detract from the BS.

Thanks for sharing, it is great!

Knic your BS is beautiful.

I have finally decided what my pattern will be. The "Take along Sampler" from Award Winning Afghans book. It uses lots of colours, basically a scrap quilt with cross stitch embroidery on the surface.

Hi, all. Our internet connetion was down most of yesterday and today, so I've had a lot of reading to do to get caught up. Knic - Your bs is fantastic! I'm going to try to get a bunch done on my BS this week to make up for last week. :hook I'm off to do some hooking.

Hi Everyone, Im back from my holiday.

Knic that looks great. If you wanted to make it bigger to overhang. Maybe do a few rounds as a border with maybe a couple of rows of a different color.

Anyway it looks great as is.

How is everyone else doing with their BS projects. Im technically not doing a BS now as Im doing the casablanca which Im switching it to the Happy House CAL. I will still drop in here and see how everyone is going though.

Archived