Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Jewel when I make the small squares I leave a long enough tail to then use to sew the squares together. It means less weaving in the end. I think there is a link to the Prairie Star pattern on the first page of the Crochet a Quilt CAL.

Darski I dont know what to do now...the casablanca is calling me. I can hear this........pick me pick me....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wendy

Here's the link to the PS -

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/free-patterns/Prairie-Star-LW1295.pdf

Sorry your other one didnt work out, but there are tons more patterns to choose from, so give another one a try and see what you think . :)

IOMP -- means Island of Misfit Projects . My Island is severely overpopulated .

Jewel - yep, the popcorns do take lots of yarn, but they make a very thick warm blanket .

Brae

It sounds like you are doing well on your PS - My colors have changed multiple times. I bet I have started at least 5 of these maybe more !

I have a question about the Prairie Star pattern (which I love, esp in the colors shown). How would you make it bigger so it can be a bedspread:think ...not that I'm changing my mind, you understand:heehee ...I'm just asking.:D

Brae, your friend's idea to make it in baby colors is a terrific one- using the baby colors and the soft yarn...it should be beautiful:c9

BTW: I went out to pet the yarn yesterday for the Casablanca pattern and the shelves were virtually stripped!:eek I'm still thinking about the colors, too, since I don't enjoy working with black...for borders, maybe, but...:(... maybe a burgundy with the 2 shades of brown...hmmmmmm

Judi, your not changing your mind about your BS are you. The colors for your casablanca sound good. That pattern is still calling me even though I did one square in the bi color for that pattern and its here staring at me all 2 inches of it.

Julie - thanks for putting the link up again for the PS. The IOMP does that just mean its an island for frustrating projects that you will get to eventually.

Wendy, I'm not changing my mind about the BS...I still love the 12 square:D

Prairie Star is on my "one day" list, but Casablanca is next...in between my prayer shawls...

I must have ADD:P

Just an update on my progress......................there is none. LOL! :lol

I have one motif almost done & then I could get one more out of the skein I have. I have to go buy more yarn for it on Thursday. I'm hoping to atleast used up that yarn before I get to the store on Thurs. so I better get my butt in gear.:hook

Tabby~ you are too funny. I think we all have that kind of progress from time to time. Bet ya when you go to buy more yarn, you are going to come home with more than you went for. LOL I think all of us have trouble resisting yarn.

I was looking on Ebay last night, and did a Google search for wooden crochet hooks. I found a 6 piece hook set with wooden box lined in green velvet, you pick the hook's sizes and wood for 127.00. I managed to stop myself from buying it. I don't know how or why. Probably because I would be afraid to use them, and right now I need hooks I can use.

I have a question about the Prairie Star pattern (which I love, esp in the colors shown). How would you make it bigger so it can be a bedspread:think ...not that I'm changing my mind, you understand:heehee ...I'm just asking.:D

Judianne, I was going to make 4 star sections and put those together (two on top, two on the bottom) before adding the border motifs. I have a star section done and don't think even that would cover a queen size other than to lay it on top just to be pretty.

And your choice of burgandy and brown? Very pretty! Those were the centre of my PS and I love how well they go together. Looks so warm!

Brae

Good morning all! I'm with Darski - $127 is too rich for my blood. I recently acquired a Brittany birch hook, size H. I've always admired their looks, but so far, I'm really not liking the action on it. When compared to my other hooks, it appears as though the sizing runs small. I haven't tried it on all types of yarn, so perhaps I'll have a change of heart when I use on something else, but the scarf area of the hook does seem to be less shallow than others.

just my $.03!:yes

Gosh, no sooner did I get home from my family vacation but then I had to turn around and leave out of town again to handle a family matter, so this weekend was a wash!

I "THINK" I am caught up, but I am sure I have missed something! I have to say WANDA that the square you are working on is GORGEOUS!

I have decided on a spread! In the latest issue of Annie's Attic catalog (Jan 2007) this spread jumped out at me like a kangaroo! :lol I am not going to buy the pattern, but the idea for it works for me. Now I just have to find a square that I really like!

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=19609

I just LOVE the tassels!!!!

Everyone is doing a marvelous job! It's coming together NICELY! Be patient with me as I find a square now - the yarn will be some brand of sage.

Melissa, yours is turning out awesome!

Melissa, you've done some beautiful work here!:c9

Brae, thanks for the input on color choices:hug

Julie, thanks: I've saved the site for the graph paper:hook

Gee...y'all are soooo nice!

Melissa, that is really coming along so nicely.

KnicKnac, I remember that spread from Maggie Weldon's site. It is really neat. I drool over the close up pic all the time.

I gotta stay on top of the posts here.

Given all that has been discussed here, i feel that this link really needs to be posted in this thread...

We are learning the most amazing things in all of this :wlol

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=565

I like the humour bits at AA, they always make me smile (in chagrin if nothing else)

Melissa

That is so very pretty ! You are doing a great job with it .

Knic - good luck in your search for the perfect square. I'm sure you will find one you like, and all it'll be then is a matter of putting them in a diamond-shaped pattern rather than laying them out square -- the tassels can be your additional decorations. I'm anxious to see what you come up with !

Darski that is so funny and true.:lol

Melissa your squares are coming along beautifully. Your bedspread is going to look amazing.

Knicknac I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Melannie, your in a cast. What has happened. Are you ok?:manyheart

I hate this!!! You all are progressing lovely and here I am in a cast for 6 weeks! :(

What did I miss??:eek :eek How awful...:hug

(from a former "wearer of the cast" for 3 weeks over T'giving, etc)

Mellissa~ So sorry to hear your in a cast. They are such a pain. Another former wearer of a cast. I hope you heal quickly.

Darski~ that link was too funny and soo true.

Melissa~ Your BS is coming along so nicely, It is beautiful.

KnicKnac~ Wow, I love the tassels too. Note to self ( Got to add that link for future projects)

Hi, everybody. This has just been one of those days where I have been on the go from the very beginning, but don't feel like I've accomplished a great deal. Grrrrrr! :blush

Melissa - I'm so sorry to hear that you are in a cast. I know what that's like and it's a bummer. What happened? What you have done on your bedspread is lovely.:hug

Darski - Thanks for the link. I have enjoyed a number of the views expressed there already. It's great.:lol:laughroll:rofl

Archived