Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, again.

Brae - That is lovely! :cheer:clap

Athba - the pattern is from a 1983 Workbasket Magazine I found in my grandmother's stash of patterns. It's done in 3 colors and I've just joined the third.

Julie - Your BS is truly gorgeous! I love the colors.:cheer:clap

Tabby - What can I say, but outstanding! The contrasting light blue for the filler motifs really sets it off.:cheer:clap

Tabby, that looks beautiful!:cheer

I am halfway throuh another square. When this one is finished I will have my first row completed. I have been kind of hit and miss here the last few days.

My DH is on the road. He picked up his truck in Illinois this afternoon. They will be sending him in his first delivery tomorrow morning. So really I do have some crochet time now. (But I sure do miss him.:( )So I should be able to get more accomplished. It will keep me busy so the time goes by faster........

I am bouncing between testing a pattern, working on the rose bower squares and then I am going to start on the heart doily for the other CAL that the "evil one" started.....fun fun fun...now if I can just get away from this compture and start working on something constructive and creative rather than practicing my typing skills:eek

Thank you, Linda ! :)

Keep your chin up, Melissa. We're only a press of a button away if you need someone to talk to . :manyheart We'll do our best to keep you busy and entertained .

Now, Mel--- you'll be ok -- you know these CAL's are a GOOD thing. It's when you have 10 or more started that the trouble comes in .:hook

Evening all,

Tabby~ thanks for the link to the BS you are making. I saved it to favorites to up up later.

Darski~ the link posted for the rose BS is very pretty too. So I saved it as well.

I didn't get much of a chance to work on my BS. I need to frog the one motif from yesterday, and I am halfway done with the sixth motif.

I took my daughter for her driver's license today but MVC wouldn't let her do the road test bacause the insurance card was printed thru the computer. We ended up having to drive all the way to the last exit before New York State to get the insurance card. Oh well, am home and she will go tomorrow for the road test. Cross yall's fingers that she passes.

Tracey -- good luck to your daughter ( and you ) on her driver's test .

I'm glad those days are long past for me. I taught my MOM to drive, then my kids. Each one got a little more difficult ( or maybe the fact that I was getting OLDER with each one made it harder . )

Remind me to tell you sometime about taking my last son. Let's just say it did NOT end well . He was so mad at me, he almost got out of the car and WALKED home . :lol

Wow...look at all these pretty BS...you ladies are moving right along and giving me ideals for new ones...I WILL RESEST!!!!!I promised myself i would finish the ones i have started...AND I WILL!!!

Ok here is what i have so far...i think its looking good...this is the frist 2 panels croched together and im almost done with the third one...i made it longer(110") becouse it has to fit my king size bed and i still have the fancy drop to put on it so i will still be awhile,its done in TLC cotton plus in the gold color,i think it will look great on top of my dark velvet spread.

gold.jpg

gold1.jpg

Tracey

Thanks so much...this is a very easy pattern and it works up fast...soooo its not just me.

Darski

Thanks to you to...yes this yarn is that coppery...i like it becouse its cotton but its allso got alittle arcilic in it to hold its color and not shink...i made a doily out of it and its been washed alot and it still looks just like i just made it.And i know what you mean about starting another one...i love the one Julie is doing becouse it has the dimonds instead of a zigzag...but im tring hard not to yet.

Wow, Shaylen! That is stunning! :cheer:clap It is so very rich looking. Love the color.

Just finished the second popcorn row on my striped one. Not a lot of energy today, so did more crocheting than yesterday. Think I'll go to bed early tonight and see if that helps.

Archived