Bulky Keyhole Scarf with Pinback Flower

mason204

A very simple scarf using this pattern.

th_crochetscarf.jpg

Images are Clickable

What I liked was the simple pattern to make a detachable flower that sits just above the slit for the keyhole.

th_flowerfront.jpg

Here's the back view of the flower showing the pinback:

th_pinback.jpg

I used a hot glue gun to attach the pinback to the flower (I was too lazy to sew it on). I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the glue adhered to the yarn.

I wasn't getting the scarf's true colour (1st photo), so I moved to the kitchen where there was more light, hence the red amaryllis in the background.

I used about a ball of Red Heart Cozy Wool (from my stash) and a K hook.

What a great design! I've made keyhole scarves but never thought of the flower idea. This is a scarf that would sell well in a boutique!

thank so much for sharing your work-that is really lovely and just what I've been looking for to make for my friend-simple but practical and pretty. The detachable flower really makes it perfect!

Great job :hook

This is such a great concept. I started one last night at my yarn group but forgot the pattern so just "winged" it but it turned out really nice. I did a scalloped typle edge on the ends which was simple but nice. I just did single crochet because it worked best with my yarn but it only took me about 2 hrs total. I gave it to my friend today as a gift and she really liked it. I still need to buy a pinback for the flower but love the idea that it's detachable.

I'm already working on one for me now!

thanks again for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really excited when I saw your pattern for the keyhole scarf. I have now made 4 of them. I got two done before Christmas (without the flowers) and gave them to my sister-in-law's. Thanks for posting the pattern and pics. Here's a picture of the two of them on Christmas Eve.

Joni

http://www.jpschabell.zoomshare.com/album/MY%20CROCHET%20/images/2026743293c7ccbd95a9a7b783809dde_11677511330/:album

Hi....

I actually made three of the same pattern scarf without the flower. They were the most requested Christmas gift!!!! I had no idea on how to roll and sew the flower together. Could u help?

Archived