Comfortghan for 12 yr old girl whose gramma passed

funkyreporter

Paulette I mailed you 2 squares Monday afternoon. Postmaster said you should have them by the end of the week. My 11 year old Granddaughter was here and she loved one of them. Plus I put a little something extra in there for Maggie.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right this very minute I have tears streaming down my cheeks - tears of joy and love for all you wonderful crocheters out there who are so willing to give of yourself to help comfort a grieving girl. I think you're all wonderful. I wish I could just reach through this computer and give each and every one of you a great big hug. I know how much this means to Paulette. I can't wait to see pics of the finished blanket! And Maggie's sweet face when she receives it - be sure & capture that expression Paulette! It'll be priceless. God bless you all for your love and compassion.:manyheart:ghug

p.s. Maggie likes funky, huh?! Well, funky she's a-gonna git! 4_1_104.gif 11_1_127.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm415DHUS

Ah Shelle, you're so sweet... NOW SUCK IT UP:devil ! Just kidding. Villagers are amazing... I just love reading post after post of the help and kindness and understanding and generosity of this family of crocheters... You know that's why I invited the entire Village to come live with me!

Of course I will show pictures of the finished ghan and lots of pics when it's presented to Maggie! Believe me, these girls (my Tara and Maggie) are NOT camera shy... seriously, no exageration, there must be over 2,000 digital pics on this computer of those two girls....:lol

Paulette I mailed you 2 squares Monday afternoon. Postmaster said you should have them by the end of the week. My 11 year old Granddaughter was here and she loved one of them. Plus I put a little something extra in there for Maggie.

Oh, you'r so kind. Thank you! If it got the approval of your 11-yr-old granddaughter then it must be very special indeed! I'll be sure to give it a prominent placement in the ghan... (what is prominent placement in a ghan anyway? center? corner? :think )

Ya know what I'll lay 'em all out and maybe take some pictures before I start hooking them together and then I'll ask for placement suggestions. There are so many lovely shades of purple out there... Who Knew????:manyheart

i have 2 skeins of caron ss in black....i will try to get a few squares off to you this week and send the rest of the yarn along to join them! please send your address! i feel really sorry for this young one

Thank you Sherri:manyheart ! The squares arrived today and they are so pretty! And thanks so much for the extra black Simply Soft - I can definitely use it! Much nicer than the 'el cheapo' that I had lying around:lol !

This comfortghan is definitely coming togethre with so much love I'm just bursting!:hug

Wow! There's good mail days:gotmail , and then there's GREAT mail days:mail !

Today I received THREE packages of beautiful comfrotghan squares from the amazingly talented and generous Helen (Fidgement), Marlene (tobybob) and Christie (cbear713) :angel all Crochetville Angels to me!:manyheart I also got a lovely Santa ornament from Marlene - so thoughtful!

This is going to be a beautiful blanket!:applause filled with so much LOVE! I've made 9 squares myself, received 9 today, and received 9 previously so this is more than I ever could have hoped for!:clap

I took a break from making Maggie's squares to make some other comfortghan squares to send out, and I'm just SO EXCITED!!!:hyper:flying ! I don't know how to thank you all! :ty:day !

I was hoping to be able to come up with 48 squares (six by eight) and figured I'd be lucky if I get ten or so... that I'd make the rest - but this is unbelievable! And the creativity:jumpyay WOW! I could never have made something like this by myself because this has so much beauty in it! I can't wait to start laying out the squares but I know there's more coming and then I'll see how many more I need to make and lay them out so ya'll can see what I mean:manyheart

I hope mine get there soon, I sent them out Saturday.

I'm sure they're making their way here, and I'll let you know via PM and on the thread just as soon as they arrive! I know I like to know when my 'stuff' gets there:think

This is so exciting! My first comfortghan and I'm truly overwhelmed by all the Villagers' generosity of time and yarn and talent to help make this special project.

It's so tempting to starting joining the squares, but I want to wait until they're all here and lay them out properly and orderly... I did lay them out on the livingroom rug and the mixture of colors, textures and styles is stunning! This is gonna be a real beauty!

mine will be going out tomorrow. have 4 for ya sweetie. wish i could have done more, but i am commited to another comforghan also and need to finish the sweater for my dd also forgot i have to make 8 wonderful, beautiful spectacular christmas ornaments, no wait 9 for the ladies in the cafeteria at work:angry:angry:angry:angry darn my hubby anyways, he said he just knows i can come up with something fast and pretty. any suggestions?

am thinking snow men , and so far have a half a one done, oh i forgot he also wants cookies and maybe gingerbread men:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry. anyways will get them off tomorrow hon hugs

mine will be going out tomorrow. have 4 for ya sweetie. wish i could have done more, but i am commited to another comforghan also and need to finish the sweater for my dd also forgot i have to make 8 wonderful, beautiful spectacular christmas ornaments, no wait 9 for the ladies in the cafeteria at work:angry:angry:angry darn my hubby anyways, he said he just knows i can come up with something fast and pretty. any suggestions?

am thinking snow men , and so far have a half a one done, oh i forgot he also wants cookies and maybe gingerbread men:cry:cry:cry:cry. anyways will get them off tomorrow hon hugs

You poor, over-extended thing, you! My goodness but you are busy:eek ...

And you reminded me of a X-mas crunch from long ago... My first-born was in kindergarten (he's 24 now... or 23, I forget) but I was room-mom and soccer mom and all that good stuff... also had 1-yr-old Ah Leah to care for... and things were going swimmingly until I contracted CHICKEN POX in the first week of December.

I was going to teach a group of room-moms to make little plastic canvas ornaments for their classes (five classes of 30) but being contagious I had to do them myself.

I also missed the end-of-season soccer party, the classroom Christmas party, the cute little Christmas performance...:( ... but I did manage to make a few hundred heart ornaments while I was lying in bed nearly dying from chicken pox... chicken pox is not pleasant to have :no as an adult and I would strongly recommend avoiding it if at all possible

MAIL CALL:D

Two packages today containing three beautiful squares from mslilypond and two gorgeous squares from Shelle!

Thanks so much, Villagers! This is awesome!

I'll take some pictures today so you can all see what each others' coming up with... I am so amazed at the creaitvity... you guys are the best!!!:hook

Dear paulette:

Can I still make and send in a square or two..???

I wanted to help out but i had other comfort squares to make and finish that will go out on monday so i didnt; want to commmit til I had the time..

So please if you still can use a couple of more squares PM me your mailing info and I will get these out to you this week..

Paulette, three squares will head out for their long journey to the West Coast tomorrow (I've been watching too many nature shows :lol).

One of them might be a little too lacy for this afghan, but hopefully the other two are okay. It was my first time with TLC Amore, so I didn't know what kind of pattern would work...I guess it wasn't the brightest thing to do to try a new yarn for someone else's comfortghan. :blush

Paulette - your squares went in the mail yesterday - :cheer

Thank you!!!:hug

Paulette - I sent you two purple squares today. -JenC

Thanks so much... I'll be watching for them!:manyheart

Dear paulette:

Can I still make and send in a square or two..???

I wanted to help out but i had other comfort squares to make and finish that will go out on monday so i didnt; want to commmit til I had the time..

So please if you still can use a couple of more squares PM me your mailing info and I will get these out to you this week..

Yes, can still use a couple squares! Sent you a PM with my addy!:c9

Paulette, three squares will head out for their long journey to the West Coast tomorrow (I've been watching too many nature shows :lol).

One of them might be a little too lacy for this afghan, but hopefully the other two are okay. It was my first time with TLC Amore, so I didn't know what kind of pattern would work...I guess it wasn't the brightest thing to do to try a new yarn for someone else's comfortghan. :blush

I'm sure they'll be gorgeous - I've been amazed by the creativity and talent (and different shades of purple) so I KNOW yours will look lovely!

Thank you all SO VERY MUCH!!!!!:manyheart I can't say it enough: Villagers are WONDERFUL!:hug

A big THANK YOU to JenC from Connecticut for her contribution of two purple squares that arrived today! Yippee!!!

I'm getting closer but not quite there yet... Got silly busy at work (it's like people expect you to WORK when you're there:eek what's that about? Totally cuts into my personal time:( )

So I will sit tonight and try and knock out a few more squares and I know there's a few more on the way and I just can't thank you all enough for all the love and support!:manyheart

A comfortghan is an amazing thing to be a part of... I never knew...

A big THANK YOU to JenC from Connecticut for her contribution of two purple squares that arrived today! Yippee!!!

I'm getting closer but not quite there yet... Got silly busy at work (it's like people expect you to WORK when you're there:eek what's that about? Totally cuts into my personal time:( )

So I will sit tonight and try and knock out a few more squares and I know there's a few more on the way and I just can't thank you all enough for all the love and support!:manyheart

A comfortghan is an amazing thing to be a part of... I never knew...

:lol :lol :lol Soooooooo true, when I am at work and the alzheimers pople wont sleep, that cuts into my time,,lol :think:hook

Sometimes I am crocheting at work and the judge comes out for something and says, "Um, excuse me for interupting." and I say, "No problem. Let me finish this stitch. Whatya need?" and he just laughs.

The three of us girls run the courtroom - the clerk, the courtroom assistant and myself (court reporter) so once we're done with the public then we get our work done in our way: we laugh and joke and eventually everything gets done! It is really a lovely atmosphere.:lol

Archived