Comfortghan for 12 yr old girl whose gramma passed

funkyreporter

Paulette,

I just finished my fourth square! I plan to post a pic in show and tell since its my first attempt at bullion crochet. My problem is that I've used Caron's wintuk, simply soft, and TLC's Heater purple. Are these going to work with what you have coming in and what your intending to use?:think let me know as I intend to get them in the mail tomorrow if they will work!

:sweat:scrachin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paulette - somehow I missed this post and want to send you at least one square but I don't have purple or black yarn and I don't know when I will be able to get to the LYS. I will try and go early this week and will check back with you after I do.

Oh, thanks so much... I'm a slow-poke crocheter so I really appreciate your help!:hug

Paulette,

I just finished my fourth square! I plan to post a pic in show and tell since its my first attempt at bullion crochet. My problem is that I've used Caron's wintuk, simply soft, and TLC's Heater purple. Are these going to work with what you have coming in and what your intending to use?:think let me know as I intend to get them in the mail tomorrow if they will work!

:sweat:scrachin

I am certain that whatever shade, texture or size you used will work... I'm grabbing everything purple and/or black so this is going to be a "purple and black stew" afghan!:lol Maggie is 12 and she'll love it.

I had mentioned earlier in the thread but I'll mention again, when I told her what you all were doing she just cried it made her so happy. I just don't see her scrutinizing it and saying, "You know, that bullion stitch isn't quite up to par!":lol

Thanks ALL:hug

paulette, do you need any more squares? I was hesitant to offer to make some before because I don't have any black yarn but I do have a few shades of purple. Will it be ok if my squares are just purple?

paulette, do you need any more squares? I was hesitant to offer to make some before because I don't have any black yarn but I do have a few shades of purple. Will it be ok if my squares are just purple?

Boy do I LOVE purple! Yes, it would be lovingly appreciated to receive a purple square - I'll edge it in black (or not) and it'll fit right in! Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you!:manyheart

I'll PM my address:yes

paulette, hey sweetie, do you need any more squares? i feel soooo bad for that sweet child, btw those 2 are going to be driving the boys crazy before long lol, i just finished a couple squares of purple for someone else and i still have the yarn left so dear heart will make you as many as i can between now and tuesday when i will be going to the po, 8 in, in any color purple,black mixture or just solid color or ??? will play around while i am waiting to hear from you and see what i can come up with. if nothing else will have some made up for someone who may need them at a later date. gotcha 8 in squares, purple and black or purple or black? is this right?

oh i crack myself up sometimes:P :P anyways hon will do what i can. i have a heart square i designed and i think am going to try an make one for her to have close to her heart. you dear friend in spite of havin a full time job and a family who depends on you , you decide to help your daughters bestest friend since in vitro and i think thats amazingly awesome, i would be honored to help. let me know kk? :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Paulette - I went to the store today and bought purple yarn. I forgot that you asked for them to be edged with black - duh but I will make it in purple and then send to you. I won't have time to get back to the LYS.

I love Fidgement's square and can guarantee you that mine won't look that fancy, but it will be made with lots of love :hug

Thanks Auntbubbles! I got plenty of black so I can edge 'em no problem! This is so exciting! I laid my 12 squares together on the floor (six I've received and six I made) and they look so PRETTY!:manyheart And they have the special ingredient: The LOVE!!!!:hug

To all!

Thanks for the compliments on my square although I really picked it because of the meaning - crocheters from everywhere making squares for this comfort ghan to comfort Maggie, just like "angels around the world!"

At least thats the meaning it held for me when I saw it. This forum really has me stretching my creative self in crochet which is always a good thing. I get so much positive energy off of this forum and thats due to the talented and creative villagers here! :yes

Awww. I wanna cry:cry You are all so lovely and kind!:hug

I am going to have a look and see what I have but I'm nearly positive I don't have any in the right colours(cept thread) so I may not be able to help but I'd really really love too!

You are one of the kindest most generous people I have ever met Paulette and all my love and well wishes are going across the Pacific to you and dear Maggie.:heart:manyheart:hug:2hug :flower :bheart :sheepxmas

got 4 made and still have not made the heart one. i will need more yarn:eek :eek oh no please don't make me go yarn shopping:lol :lol and will make as many as i can. will work on them till friday and send the ones i have then since i need to go to the po friday too decided to wait to go hehehehe. thanks paulette for doing this for maggie,. she will love it.:yes:hug:manyheart :manyheart

Awww. I wanna cry:cry You are all so lovely and kind!:hug

I am going to have a look and see what I have but I'm nearly positive I don't have any in the right colours(cept thread) so I may not be able to help but I'd really really love too!

You are one of the kindest most generous people I have ever met Paulette and all my love and well wishes are going across the Pacific to you and dear Maggie.:heart:manyheart:hug:2hug :flower :bheart :sheepxmas

Sennight, your love and caring and cheering us on is more than anyone could ask for! Thank you so much!

Hugs to you:hug

Sennight, your love and caring and cheering us on is more than anyone could ask for! Thank you so much!

Hugs to you:hug

Thanks:hug I just wish I could do more. I really do wanna help by making squares but I just can't. I will keep watching this thread to see how it is going and I absoloutely cannot wait until it is finished and made with love and given to dear Maggie. She's gonna love it so much and it's gonna keep her so nice and warm and snuggly and everyone time she picks it up and wraps herself in it she'll know she's wrapping herself in love from all over the world!:manyheart

funkyreporter: "Well, just got back from the funeral service and it really was a lovely remembrance of Ms. Gonzalez's life"

Oh this just makes me doubley glad I did the squares,

My last name just happens to be Gonzalez (the z at the end isn't as common as 's')

Hmmm, how did I miss this thread? I love making 8-inch squares for comfortghans because they get doen much faster then 12-inch ones. :) My heart goes out to Maggie; it must be so difficult to be at that age and lose such a source of love and comfort as a beloved grandma.

Paulette, I'll PM you to see if you need more squares. I have to go yarn shopping today anyway (like I need a reason....right).

Questions:

*Does the black edging go OUTSIDE the already 8-inch square, or is it 8 inches INCLUDING the black edging? Am I being too, well...you know what? Wait, don't answer that last one.

*I saw in the uniform that there is some grey, too. Are you using any grey?

funkyreporter: "Well, just got back from the funeral service and it really was a lovely remembrance of Ms. Gonzalez's life"

Oh this just makes me doubley glad I did the squares,

My last name just happens to be Gonzalez (the z at the end isn't as common as 's')

Well, thank you so much - I had to get used to NOT misspelling their last name. :think

Just letting you all know, as the squares arrive I'm PM-ing the sender to let them know and also announcing it on the thread along with the running count! Not sure if I mentioned before, but I laid out the 12 that I have so far and they look SO pretty!:clap

Right this very minute I have tears streaming down my cheeks - tears of joy and love for all you wonderful crocheters out there who are so willing to give of yourself to help comfort a grieving girl. I think you're all wonderful. I wish I could just reach through this computer and give each and every one of you a great big hug. I know how much this means to Paulette. I can't wait to see pics of the finished blanket! And Maggie's sweet face when she receives it - be sure & capture that expression Paulette! It'll be priceless. God bless you all for your love and compassion.:manyheart:ghug

p.s. Maggie likes funky, huh?! Well, funky she's a-gonna git! 4_1_104.gif 11_1_127.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm415DHUS

Archived