My First Graph Square (so excited!)

fuzzy ferret

Okay, i'm so excited right now I can't sit still to get this typed. I have wanted so badly to make a picture ghan and didn't have a clue on how to go about this. I researched and researched on this technique, but I couldn't quite get the hang of it. I picked up my book of the SNB: Happy Hooker and they had a section on this particular technique and so I sat down and did their example square and here is my result:

FirstGraphSquare.jpg

So be honest and tell me, does it look really bad for a first-timer? I want to learn this because im going to make a memory-ghan of my mother.

Krystal:hook :manyheart

It looks good. I am doing my first graph item. I have learned to (when you are switching to the next color) pull up the new color in the last loop of the previous color. (Especially at the end, you can tell.)

Looks good. :hook

Tina

So be honest and tell me, does it look really bad for a first-timer? I want to learn this because im going to make a memory-ghan of my mother.Krystal:hook :manyheart

this is really great :cheer - esp for the first time! hearts, rounded edges in general, are never the smoothest to transition to and from, at least in my experience, and i've made several ghans using this technique:hook

the individual graphs or even entire figures worked into an afghan,are truly beautiful piece of art. good luck with your memory-ghan. if you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

one hint: when dropping one color and picking up the next one, experiment by dropping the previous color a couple of ways (in front of or behind the strand of the new color...can't remember which was best). one way was best, though, and it left less of an obvious "line" from the previous color.

i hope i haven't confused you:P PM me if you need to

that is an excellent job for ur first time :cheer

i'm sure ur addicted now and ur confidence level has been boosted so i look forward to u posting more graph ghans....:)

Archived