Pheasant Bag

Tampa Doll

I just finished making this bag called Pheasant bag in the Annies Attic pattern called bag boutique. Annie’s doesn’t carry it anymore, but Maggies crochet does. Here is the web address. There are some really nice looking bags in here.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA_874712_bag_boutique_main.htm

I bow:bow to you girls who use the large hooks aka tree :treetrunks. I am use to a size 7/1.65 mm or a size F/3.75 mm. With this bag I used an L/8.00 mm. I went up a hook, as I used Patons Twister in the color of chocolate twist and Red Heart Super Saver in Coffee. I made it a little sturdier. This is my second bag, but the first one that turned out great.

smPheasantBag02.gif

(clickable) th_PheasantBag.gif(clickable) th_PheasantBag01.gifYou can see the difference in the hooks on the bag. The first two are the ones I am use to using, the last is the hook I used for the bag.

Hope you like this, I think it turned out great. I used satin on the inside to add some elegance to it. The flower on front, is actually a pin.

I love it!!! Was the lining difficult? I'm not familiar with the Patons twister you used ( my LYS dosen't carry it, i don't think) but I do have about 4-5 balls of eyelash funfur in almost the same color, as well as Red Heart SS in beige and some brown. Do you think that would work?

I love it!!! Was the lining difficult? I'm not familiar with the Patons twister you used ( my LYS dosen't carry it, i don't think) but I do have about 4-5 balls of eyelash funfur in almost the same color, as well as Red Heart SS in beige and some brown. Do you think that would work?

As for the lining, I layed the bag down on top of the material and cut it about 1 to 1 1/2 inches larger than the bag. Got out the trusted machine and sewed it up. I had to hand sew it into the bag as It didn't look right by machine. I don't sew, so this is a major feat for me.

The twister is a combo of fun fur and chenille. You could try using the funfur and the red heart ss beige. That is what I thought I was using when I decided to make this. I got the twister for $1.00 a hank at joanns a while ago.

Let me know how you make out.:hook

That is really classy! I think the pin is a nice touch. The handles match perfectly. I also find the tree trunk hooks a bit hard on the hands.

:clap :clap Excellent!!:cheer :cheer Bravo!!!! Can I be on your Christmas list? Please!

Seriously, that is an amazing combination you've got there. The satin just fits the purse. Truely beautiful and classy to boot. Great job and thanks for sharing!

:yay :yay :yay

Mary Jo, that's an absolutely stunning bag! The yarn is just yummy and you did a marvelous job on that pretty lining. I'm going right over to Maggie's to check out that pattern. Have to make one for myself! :lol

Thank you for the praise on this bag. I was really nervous about the lining. I tried lining a purse before and really messed it up.

I am not sure who is going to get this bag, infact, I think it might be a just in case gift. :scrachin You know, just in case I missed someone on the list. It actually started out as a bag for one of my granddaughters, but then I got fancy with the handels and the lining.

:sigh Well, we shall see what happens.:hook

Fantastic, Mary Jo! The combination of the colors and textures is striking. I'm with you on the tree trunk hooks, but using them is a nice change sometimes because it's a totally different rhythm and motion.

Archived