holiday SNOWMAN crochetalong!

leesespieces

my momma's been through some stress this year, so i want to surprise her and do our whole christmas tree in snowmen, because they're her favorite thing around this time of year.

2nd part of the inspiration for this crochetalong is that, in case you haven't read my other posts around the site, i work at michael's, and i do the kids club craft class every saturday. last saturday we did little clay snowmen. it started out as just a basic snowman with a hat and scarf, but the kids were really having fun with it so i encouraged them to get creative and make their snowman unique and do whatever they wanted to it. one little girl even made a mom and baby snowman with little gifts sitting under a little pipecleaner trellis. SO cute!!

soo i thought this would be a fun crochetalong to get everybody ready for the holidays!! let's all make little snowmen and personalize them however we want and see how many different ones we can come up with! there's tons of simple patterns for snowmen on crochetpatterncentral.com, under christmas, and then under winter stuff.

so who's with me?!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I can find the time and the scraps of yarn, I would love to join you in this CAL! My mom collects snowmen, and it's kind of a tradition to get her at least one every Christmas. This year I want to make her one...so I found a simple looking pattern that I think I can do. It's pretty big (19 inches tall), so I'm thinking of filling the bottom with a bag of rice/bean/sand to make it a doorstopper instead of just stuffing it with fiberfill. If anyone wants to see the pattern, I've linked to it below.

This will be my first CAL, so I'm looking forward to it! :2snowman

http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/Folk_Art_Snowman.pdf

Is there a specific one that we do or do we select our own?? I should read the entire post! I will find a cute one!! I do like the ones that have been posted!!

I adore the melting snowman~I have a friend I would love to do that one for!

Count me in!

mgf~:yay

Oh I have so much going on I did copy down the melting snowman just a ? though what is orange cardstock? I saved the one that is snow ppl to I got the link from

http://www.myhq.com/public/c/h/chunkiecochetmunkie/links.html

If you go to xmas it has lots of different patterns all in one place so its easier for me to look there, I even bought little shovels and presents and small carrots for the nose to make em all different but alas I am in so much now I pry wont get it done. Maybe I will have some time in a couple weeks right before xmas.

I think I'll join in on this one. I love snowmen and have been collecting them every year if I can. I was thinking of doing the door greeter one. I seen it on here somewhere before. But I like some of the others as well, I might have to do more than one:hook I'll have to get some white yarn, and I might have to wait until after the 6 day charity square cal.

I would love to join in on this one, but I have to finish my secret project first. But maybe by next week I can join in with the rest of you. Love Snowmen!!! and I do my living room in them and one of my Christmas trees is all snowmen!!:manyheart I must hurry up and finish other project first. I love the melting one and the doorknob one. But I also have one in a pattern book here that is made with strips of material crocheted. Its adorable and I have made it in the past with yarn and giving them away as gifts. Time to make one for me!!

I have the head and body of a tiny snowman completed. :sman I just need to stitch them together and add the face details. The pattern I am using is in the crochet today magazine- Oct/Nov issue. I'll post pics tonight.

Now TABBY! You know you want too! Come on... Next week I will be all set to make some :2snowman :2snowman up! That gives you from now til at least Monday to get some else finished up..... :devil

You know ya :manyheart me!!! Hehehehe!!!!:devil:hug

Wish I had thought of crocheting some. I found some cute, cheap, plastic ones with names on them. Bought a "family" for my friend and her family. So that may be an idea, embroidery an initial on the tummy of them for the family. Or even spell out a family name (if short enough). These are such cute patterns I may make one to add to this family, maybe with their last name initial since the plastic ones has the first names. That would be cute and tie it all together. A bigger one for the table or something.

Just thought I'd suggest the idea.

Debbi

I would love to join too! I need to join another CAL like I need another hole in my head, but.... it's too much fun!! :yes And it's not like I'm spending money or doing anything *bad* (charging things...) :D It's all free, thanks to CPC! So...

I'm in! :bounce I have a really cute snowman I've done a couple of in the past, I think I might do one again. But, thank you for all the links everyone- especially Darski! I might have to make one of those, too. Like this one! It's sooo cute!

Tina

Archived