holiday SNOWMAN crochetalong!

leesespieces

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my snowman! :yay I started him around 10:30 a.m. this morning & finished him up aroung noon. He is an ornament that I had in a book my Mom gave me. I added a big jingle bell under his scarf for a little added bonus. I must've used all of my black buttons so I just sewed his eyes & mouth on. I think he still looks cute. I was also suppose to use a craft ball for the inside but I just stuffed him instead. I basically worked with what I had. :D

th_124835.jpg

th_124733.jpg

Tabby he is adorable, too. Sometimes you just use what you have. I do that a lot. I don't have the buttons I want for my snowman so I have been trying to think what else I can do.

Great Job! :hook

Everyone's snowmens are looking so cute!

Tina

AJ.... Your little :2snowman is sooo Adorable!!:manyheart Will definitely be giving it a whirl!!

Tabby... I thought you said that you were not going to make any snowmen right now and not to tempt you :devil . Your :2snowman is way too Cute!! I just :manyheart him!!. Great Job!!

Brandy~Ummmmm..........I just couldn't help my dang self after seeing how cute AJ's turned out. I went through my patterns last night & picked out a few but I was going to wait a week or so until AJ came in here and tempted me. So you see it is all of her fault & none of my own. :blush Evil, evil AJ, she made me do it. :devil:lol I will be waiting to do more until I get atleast 1 ghan done. I'm pretty close with the ripple, 4 more rounds to go. :yay

AJ~Ya know I still love ya! :manyheart:hug

Since I've already started my snowman, I'll join the crochetalong! Here's the pattern I'm using. Another gal posted her finished one and I was totally inspired to start. I have finished the bottom of this snowman. Now ready to start the top.

http://www.geocities.com/pmshc/Patterns.html

Stephanie

You all are making some sweet snowmen! I hope mine looks half as good when he is finished! He probably could win the prize for the tallest one anyway....he's 21 inches tall! :D I didn't realize he would be quite that big, but I think my mom will love him. I have finished constructing the body and head as well as sewing on the facial features. Now I just have to find some material to decorate him with, sew on some buttons and find twigs for arms. Then he'll be ready to go! :hook

Keep up the great work everyone!:yay

Cocoa, I want to see pics when you get done. Is that the one that's at Freepatterns? I would love to see him made up.

I might just cover my coffee creamer container - it's the right shape and would be terminally cute. (love Garfield)

I love the snowmen! AJ and Tabby you both did an excellent job. I haven't completed my mini snowman, however here is a pic of the one that I have completed. The pattern is from the book "Tis the season to crochet".

snowman.jpg

This is my second soft toy- so all mistakes are mine and not due to the designer. I made this for my dh's grandma who is in a nursing home.

Archived