Knit Sweater for DH FINALLY completed

Railbird

Okay, I know this isn't crochet, but now that it is finally completed (took over a year to make), I can devote more time to crochet!!! It is from the book - "The Knitting Experience" and was my first big knitting project! I'm now in search of a crochet sweater pattern to try to make for my DH for Christmas.

th_DSC00403.jpg

th_DSC00400.jpg

th_DSC00401.jpg

The first pic shows the close-up of the pattern. He wore it the other night and says he likes it!

Pat

:clap :clap Great job!!!:clap :clap BUT now you gotta pick up your:hook . There are some great sweater patterns in that new BetterHomes and Garden Crochet magazine, if you can find it. Good Luck!

Thank you for all the compliments - the yarn is Lion Brand Wool ease - it definitely isn't bulky, he can wear it under a blazer and not be uncomfortable.

As for picking up the hooks again - I never really put them down that's why it took so long to complete it! :P

I'm currently working on Frou Frou from the Happy Hooker book. I'll post when it's done. I'm also looking for a pattern to make DH another CROCHET :hooksweater (hopefully for Christmas this year).... Want something simple - plan on using Caron Simply soft (tan). Any suggestions???:think

I also crocheted him a sweater a few years ago - it's from the Leisure ARts book "Season of Love, sweaters for the family" the houndstooth pattern. It is also made with LB wool ease.

Here's a pic:

th_DSC00407.jpg

th_DSC00406.jpg

Fubby, now when I see knitwear I think "I can crochet that!"

and when I saw your sweater it made me think of rows of half double crochet with a few rows of back post ones crocheted from side to sdie to achieve vertical striping... I suppose that means I'm obssessed :lol

nice job, I can imagine how satisfied you are! :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am having a problem with understanding the front instructions for frou frou I have posted on the help thread but have not had much response if you can help I would be very grateful.

merry meet and merry part,

until we merry meet again.

Silverowl

Archived