Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBN, I love your model. Oh yeah, the sweater is very nice too. lol I like the hat too. Is it your own pattern? Could you share? I'm almost done with my sweater. One thing I'm noticeing is everyone is using only one strand. I'm using 2 making it very thick. I think the next one I do will be only one strand. Could you give me the mesurements for your 18 month size? Thanks alot. :)

Pat A.

The hat is really simple to make.. I made all of it with 5ply bernet softee chuncky yarn,, so it's really thick.. As far as the hat goes,, its really simple to make... I'll get it all together soon and post my directions on here,, i'm at work for the next 3 days, so it'll be closer to the weekend before I can write it all down. Thanks for all the comments,,, red and black are our fav. football team colors,, so everyone loves red and black... Go Georgia Bulldogs!!

Oooh - I love the red and black too!

You ladies are killing me! I've had my yarn for over a week and still haven't had the time to start one. I'm in the middle of the Christmas craft crunch for my kids so all crochet has been put on hold. :(

BittyBabyNurse, I'd love the directions for the 18 month size too. Darski explained how to change the pattern, but I'm still a bit iffy on doing so.

Okay, for a size four, Ellie-style (she's got some wonky measurements, lol!), these are the final (with ease) measurements I came up with:

Back width (between shoulders) = 12"

(Right/larger front placket = 9.6", left/smaller front placket = 6", allowing for overlap of the two by 3 1/2 inches.) Ellie's actual cross back measurement was only 10", the skinny malooch. This gives a chest measurement of 24", which is small for a typical size 4; if you want a larger chest size, you can just add some stitches to the back, and then add an equal number to both plackets in the front. Ellie's body chest measurement was only 21", so for her, 24" will be plenty roomy.

Sleeve length - 12" each sleeve. This will allow for a nice cuff. Ellie's arms measured only 11", but I do want to cuff the sleeves and allow for growth.

Back Waist (nape of neck to waist) - 14", for a hip length BICO

Neck - 5.6" across at the nape of neck; 3.5" wide for opening.

Ellie's Center Back measurement was 17", for a total cuff to cuff body measurement of 34". My finished measurement, cuff to cuff, is now 36".

I'll put the modified pattern in another post.

Size Four(ish) BICO

I'm only including the stitch count for each row, as the instructions are exactly the same.

Each stitch across is .4 inches, and each row is .5 inches, if you want to add any width or length somewhere.

Ch. 31

Rows 1 - 20: (30) Hdc, ch 2, turn. Finish off at row 20.

Row 21: Ch (30) attach at row 20's finished off point, allowing the chain to hang off to the right. (30) Hdc across the back of the piece. Ch (33).

Rows 22 -29: (90) Hdc On row 22, start in the 3rd ch from the hook in the left chain, continue across the back and complete with the chain on the right, ch 2, turn.

Row 30: (38) Hdc; ss in next 14 sts; (38) Hdc; ch 2, turn.

Rows 31-36: (38) Hdc, ch 2, turn.

Row 37: (38) Hdc; ch 17

Rows 40 - 45: (54) Hdc On row 40, start in 3rd ch from hook; continue across

Rows 46-65: (22) Hdc. Finish off.

Left Sleeve

Rows 1 - 8: (38) Hdc

Row 9: (38) Hdc; ch (12)

Rows 10-15: (47) Hdc Row 10, start in 3rd ch from hook

Rows 16-35: (15) Hdc

I'm nearly done with the BICO for my stepdad. I left two rows out of my second sleeve to I had to repair that little booboo and that took me a bit. Depending on what hubby has in mind for tonight I may be able to finish it, if not it should definately be done tomorrow. Can't wait to see it finished!

I so love looking at all the different color combinations of these sweaters! Whatever you pick you just cant seem to go wrong!

I have an announcement,I know some of you know I am expecting well we had our big ultra sound today and Lily is going to have a baby.................. sister that we will name Avery Lynn. So know I get to crochet matching sweaters and shrugs and all the fun stuff. The only bad thing is ,I dont get to buy anything , being that they will be 2 yrs and 2 wks apart, they will both be in the same season at the same time. :(

Think I can sneak it?

oh by the way the chart is comign out great I am just waiting to make sure that I have info from everyone before sending it back to Knickknack to put on her siter for us.

20061130_0131-1.jpg

This is my first BICO (I forgot to take a picture of the second one, which I already gave away!).

This one is made with one strand of Bernat Softee Chunky (regular, not baby) and I used a hook one size smaller than called for in the pattern.

It looks a tad big for a newborn, but it's going to Vermont, so I'm sure she'll be all bundled up under this, anyway.

The hat I made from a CPC pattern, and I just winged the flower.

I used the Mary Jane pattern posted in this thread, but it was a little tough to do with the bulky yarn and a small hook!

Congratulations, Lilybean! :c9:yay:manyheart:c9:yay:manyheart That is so awesome. (I'm so jealous, I tried three times for a girl!) :P

Tiga that is the sweetest little ensemble! I love how the buttons go all the way down. I never thought of that. Very cute! :hook

And I love yours, too in the variegated pink crochetgoddess! I love variegated yarns. :c9

Tina

:cheer Congrats! Lily!:hug

I got word a friend from our bowling league is having a boy. I'm thinking of making the BICO pattern and booties. I was thinking of using light blue for main color and dark blue for contrasting color.

Wish me luck never made a sweater before!:hook

I finally finished an adorable baby set. Since I've been loving the SnB Sock Monkey set, I also put the monkey spin on the traditional set -- I loved how Coralie's turned out (Seneca and Scooch) and thought it was an adorable idea! This set is for my friend who is the wife of our children's pastor, and I'd like to make another for a friend who just had child number four.

I also have a set I'm almost done with in hot pink Bernat Softee Chunky with Soft Boucle in Misty Shades that I think looks like a luscious fur trim. If only someone would have a girl!!

Hey Lara --- For both sets, I modified the stitch rows to keep up the wrong side/right side patterning ... it was only two or three more tails to weave in, and I used a foundationless half-double for the left front.

Boys: two color border with second row done in crab stitch; added sock monkey applique.

Girls: used shades of brown boucle for trim with "sc, ch 3" all around for a luxurious fur look.

Pictures on my blog

wanted to see if there was anyone else who has made a BICO, altered it to a different size or used a different yarn that didnt fill out the form.

Just saw this post. I can't find a discussion about this form. Do you want us to include the pattern we used if we changed it? Is the URL you want for pics of our finished BICO's?

Thanks!

Joan

Archived