Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Was it Light and Lofty? I've seen that in the store and thought it looked like a boucle or Homespun, but even more 'furry'. It seemed like it would be a kind of hard yarn to see what you are doing. I know the Lion Boucle I am working with is like that, for my latest BICO. I have to count stitches at the end of the row, since I can't see them....

... Problem wasn't with the pattern...it was with the yarn. I wasn't used to a bulky yarn, and I had trouble getting used to it. I used a Red Heart bulky yarn, but I can't quite remember the name of it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in for the adult version of the sweater...:lol My hubby wants for himself....after he looked at the one i made for my daughter... he wants me to make one without the hand.... I have started and finish one skein... need to buy more for the colour i chose.....:P

Hope that i won't screw up...:lol and it will look nice on him... i hope friends here can help me out when i stuck...:hook:)

In trying to help out another villager at this thread who was having trouble making a newborn size with baby yarn... I ended up writing out the pattern modifications for this (based on her gauge) on my blog here.

Just thought I'd post this here for anyone who might be interested. I've also encouraged her to join the CAL and share her process and finished products over here!

This really is where we all start to make ones that WE want.

Good question and I'm glad I got that part done in time.

Thanks for the info on the neck opening. I just thought people might need a nudge to think about that area.

I can't wait to see your finished garment - especially your fancy edges!

I'm on a short break - until this evening sewing circle - from my adult one as I am working on the snowman thingy for a break.

However, i really want to make a bunch of these in the small size for our Pregancy Support centre.

Was it Light and Lofty?

Yes it was. :blush

I've seen that in the store and thought it looked like a boucle or Homespun, but even more 'furry'. It seemed like it would be a kind of hard yarn to see what you are doing. I know the Lion Boucle I am working with is like that, for my latest BICO. I have to count stitches at the end of the row, since I can't see them....

I couldn't see the stitches either, so I spent a lot of time frogging. I frogged one row four or five times. :angry Finally got it though.

I bought it, because it looked a lot like Homespun, yet it was about a dollar a skein cheaper. Bought two skeins of it, and I'm glad I did. Even though the instructions called for only one skein of Homespun for the six month BICO, I nearly used up both skeins of the L&L. And I don't think I made it too big.

Finally, here's a picture of my BICO. :) I finished it a while ago, but was just lazy to post the pic. And here is where it is on my blog, with the entry date of 16.11.06.

It was fun doing it, and I'm in process to finish another one. :yes

bico.jpg

Do you guys mind if I join? I started one last night and finished it today in between grandson naps.

joejpeca9.th.jpg

I might make some more, I'd have to get some more yarn first.

This one is made from Red Heart Plush in Cream. The buttons are RHSS in Gold. I used a K hook and the 12 month size and it just fits him-he's 11 months old and weighs 17 pounds.

I think I'm going to find a soft bulky other than the boucles, I think, they're a PITA to work with ;):hook

Gorgeous colors! Cutie model!

Thank you, it doesn't take much to get him to smile, all I had to do was point the camera and call his name-he loves to smile :D

Thanks, it went pretty good and works up fast :)

Thanks everyone else too :)

I've finished mine and should be posting the pictures tomorrow.

I do need some help though. I made my sweater in a newborn size, and the baby I made it for (my nephew) should be arriving tomorrow. My SIL is in labor as I type. I need to make a hat to go with it so I can get it mailed tomorrow.

Does anyone know of a newborn size hat that can be made in homespun? I have looked back through the other posts but I can't locate the patterns other people have posted.

Thanks In Advance!!!

O.k...I bought some purple homespun, and I printed out Darski's sizing post, and I printed out the child size chart, and I have my hook and my BICO pattern. I am ready to go on my second one now. I'll post the first one asap. This one I am going to attempt to make a size 6 for my neice for Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed.

O.k...I bought some purple homespun, and I printed out Darski's sizing post, and I printed out the child size chart, and I have my hook and my BICO pattern. I am ready to go on my second one now. I'll post the first one asap. This one I am going to attempt to make a size 6 for my neice for Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed.

Feel free to check out my pattern changes for the size 6 I made for my daughter! It's here on my blog! It's big on her, but she's only 4.5, and I wanted her to wear it as a fall jacket. Maybe my instructions will help you.

Good Luck!

That is so cute and I loved your shroat too.

this pattern has never not worked - at least not that we have heard so far. I hope the designer knows how much happiness she has created with this pattern.

I noticed that the comments section got closed because of spammers. Tell me again how no one is harmed by spammers :( i went over to leave a note but it might just make it through the crochet grapevine

I will be posting an update on the adult BICO in a couple of bits. have to get my tea to be able to think...

Archived