Super 70's Felted Brown Baggin' It!!!!

Miss USA

So I had this great idea to buy wool in fall shades and felt a purse in it. I had no plan, just sort of made it. It became a circle, Kinda like a great big vitamin. The more I worked on it, the more I thought how totally 70's this purse was. The colours and the shape. I took it to Jen's house to be felted, of course! ...and then forgot about it. (for weeks)

brownbagginit.jpg

(The before picture^)

Last night I recieved a text to my phone with a photo of the purse on her table and the caption said "I am holding it hostage until you come over to hang out"

Sooo, I went over today, got it, and thought- hell, its already so 70's, lets sew on a super 70's brown quilted button (the kind on mens yucky suits with elbow pads) ELBOW PADS ON A MANS SUIT!!! Has anyone stopped to wonder why that trend ever made it??!!

braownbagfelted.jpg

It shrunk tremendously, as with all other felted crap in her washer. I want to hug her washing machine it is so wonderful!

button.jpg

Miss USA, that bag ROCKS!!! :2rock The button is absoultely perfect! And the colors remind me of this afghan my mom had when I was growing up (it was one of those made in a zig-zag pattern.) I want to try one of these, too... but there's no way it'll be as cool as yours.

Miss USA, that bag ROCKS!!! :2rock The button is absoultely perfect! And the colors remind me of this afghan my mom had when I was growing up (it was one of those made in a zig-zag pattern.) I want to try one of these, too... but there's no way it'll be as cool as yours.

Oh my gawd I was just at my moms house and saw our old afghan in those same colours too!!! We used to fight over it to watch saturday morning cartoons!!:lol

I see that bag and I want to break into song...KNock KNock Knock on wood....or reunited......or some cool partridge family tune.... uh, in otherwords...big fan of the retro look and absolutely love those colors!!!

My dd would flip for that very purse...orange is her FAVE!

Oh my gawd I was just at my moms house and saw our old afghan in those same colours too!!! We used to fight over it to watch saturday morning cartoons!!:lol

Are you sure we didn't grow up in the same house? :wink

I got that pattern kit when I was only 17. It's the one I taught myself to crochet on and I don't even know what happened to the afghan. :lol

Love the purse. Great job.

Wow, that's far out! The 70's is my favorite decade. I bought, on purpose, some brown, orange, and yellow wool at the LYS to make myself a felted 70's tote, which I haven't yet started but will soon. The lady at the store thought I was strange when I said I wanted 70's colors, but I am strange so it was no biggie.

Miss USA - Has anyone old you (lately) that you are beautiful?!? Gorgeous skin, too!!

I love the bag! It's far out, man. :lol

the button is the best!

Keep your creativity flowing....and keep posting pics!

Miss USA - Has anyone old you (lately) that you are beautiful?!? Gorgeous skin, too!!

I love the bag! It's far out, man. :lol

the button is the best!

Keep your creativity flowing....and keep posting pics!

Thank you so much!! :hug

Archived