Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm up to row 3 and so far so good -- I even figured out the base ch/sc!! I don't think I've gotten to any of the "problem" rows yet, though. I did realize I've been using my H hook this whole time, but the gauge is reading right so I'm going to stick with it a little longer. Now I just need to get off the computer and get back to work!

Ok, Donna. I give up, and I now have a splitting head ache. Can you PRETTY PLEASE write out row 6 in a manner that can be understood??? How many leaf repeats are on this row? I'm about ready to chuck it.

Row 6 is critical for getting the required stitch counts. Read carefully in the beginning of the row it says to Ch5, v stitch in first sp. There should be 3 leaf repeats. At the end of the row make sure you are putting a v stitch in tch sp, ch 2, then dc in 3rd ch of tch. I think this row is the most confusing, but if you look it over and do it right in the beginning and end then it should turn out right.

Sorry Craftybutterfly but I just got onto my computer tonite. Hubby and I were watching Mythbusters! LOL If I'm not mistaken, row 6 gave me troubles too. Basically you do a leaf, then a v then a leaf then a v then a leaf and v's around... I'll have to double check, but I think that's what it was.

Someone earlier mentioned this pattern had no errors. Not correct! We have spotted several errors like the blaring one at the beginning telling you to use the wrong sized hook! LOL I also know that in one row it doesn't tell you the right sequence and leaves one V stitch out. Caron definately did not check this for errors before sending it out to the public!

So anyway, I downloaded the pattern, saved it to word, and then caught up on all the current corrections. I do believe I have two pages of corrections below the pattern. Now that all's said and done, maybe I can make sense of it when I get started :D

Ok, I'm stopping for the night at row 11. Row 6 was more than a challenge! LOL. But I think I got it licked now. If I every make this again, I'll re-write the pattern first. This is not for the faint at heart, simply because of the way it's written. Looking at it now, this really could be an easy pattern, had it been written a bit more clearly and without all the mistakes. I agree Donna, seems like Caron got in too much of a hurry to get it out there and didn't bother to check it for errors and clean up the writting style first. :hook But that happens sometimes with these patterns. Like the lacy leaf cocoon sweater in the last Interweave. It has two pages of corrections on the web site. Eh, such is life. ;)

This neck ruffle is driving me CRAZY! I've been working on it all day it seems and I haven't gotten ANYWHERE! I'm not even sure i'm going to like all this ruffle up around my neck. Meh, if I don't like it i'll pawn it off on someone.

This neck ruffle is driving me CRAZY! I've been working on it all day it seems and I haven't gotten ANYWHERE! I'm not even sure i'm going to like all this ruffle up around my neck. Meh, if I don't like it i'll pawn it off on someone.

If you don't like it, just save it for when you need to give a gifty to someone!:yes

Ok, I'm stopping for the night at row 11. Row 6 was more than a challenge! LOL. But I think I got it licked now. If I every make this again, I'll re-write the pattern first. This is not for the faint at heart, simply because of the way it's written. Looking at it now, this really could be an easy pattern, had it been written a bit more clearly and without all the mistakes. I agree Donna, seems like Caron got in too much of a hurry to get it out there and didn't bother to check it for errors and clean up the writting style first. :hook But that happens sometimes with these patterns. Like the lacy leaf cocoon sweater in the last Interweave. It has two pages of corrections on the web site. Eh, such is life. ;)

Melissa, I know what you mean. Sadly, one would like to THINK that these companies would have the pattern tested before it is published!:angry

Well I started the sleeves. I don't see anything wrong with what is written, but that first row is a little confusing just because of the way my armhole looked and I don't really like the hdc thing but it's on the inside of the arm so it won't be seen. For everyone in warm areas, it actually looks cute if you just make like 8 or 10 rows of the sleeve and leave the ruffle off. I would leave mine like that if it didn't get so cold around here. I need all the sleeve I can get.

Bad news, my 17 year old has a concussion from playing full contact football at the church sunday without any protection. ARGH!!! So i'll be at home after lunch today, and i'm gonna try and at least get this to the sleeves. Hopefully I wont run into any more probs. Yea, he's ok, CAT scan said no bleeding (thank God!), but he's on complete bedrest, and dr. said no t.v., no music, no computer, no reading. And I have to be there to insure he follows dr.s orders, 'cause otherwise he'll cheat. ;)

Wow, I hope he'll be ok. :eek I'm sure keeping watch over him will let you get a good bit done. I just finished my first sleeve and I love it. As much as I hate too though, I'm thinking of putting more rows on the bottom. I just looked at a beautiful blue shrug jacket thing in the clothing show and tell and I love the off the shoulder collar look. I think it's worth a shot. After all, I will probably have a whole skein of yarn left after i finish my other sleeve.

Bad news, my 17 year old has a concussion from playing full contact football at the church sunday without any protection. ARGH!!! So i'll be at home after lunch today, and i'm gonna try and at least get this to the sleeves. Hopefully I wont run into any more probs. Yea, he's ok, CAT scan said no bleeding (thank God!), but he's on complete bedrest, and dr. said no t.v., no music, no computer, no reading. And I have to be there to insure he follows dr.s orders, 'cause otherwise he'll cheat. ;)

Will be praying for you. Let us know how he's doing! :hug

I've started this soft sage circle jacket...I'm on Row 11 and I'll be darned ...I'm stuck. I don't know if I'm missing something or overdoing something? I end up being hard on myself when I end up in this position thinking I should be able to handle this, but somethings getting in the way. Sooo when I'm in a better mood, lol, I'll look back at it and hopefully I'll find my mistake. Is there anyone this far on the pattern?

I've started this soft sage circle jacket...I'm on Row 11 and I'll be darned ...I'm stuck. I don't know if I'm missing something or overdoing something? I end up being hard on myself when I end up in this position thinking I should be able to handle this, but somethings getting in the way. Sooo when I'm in a better mood, lol, I'll look back at it and hopefully I'll find my mistake. Is there anyone this far on the pattern?

What exactly is the problem? I'm sure I can help you through it!

Thanks to all of the help here, I've managed to get past the dreaded Row 6 without having to frog!! I've completed 8 rows so far, and I'm starting to "see" what's going on with the leaf pattern.

I need to spend tonight finishing up my last teddy bear for Teddies for Tragedies, then it will be full speed ahead on this jacket!! I'm still trying to decide if I want the sleeves or not, since Donna's looks so cute as a vest!:D

Oh! I saw this in the Interweave Crochet! magazine, and really wanted to buy it. I really want to make this but will have to get some Simply Soft first..

:sigh I need to grow four more arms to crochet everything I want (and a money tree wouldn't be bad, either...) :P

Tina

Good job on the no-conflict row 6. I screwed it up and realized it at row 11, so I just kinda winged it for that row so it was even. I knew if i ripped it out i would have ended up ripping the whole thing out and throwing it away. I just heard the news and it's supposed to be rather chilly tomorrow, perfect day to wear my sweater. Only half of one sleeve left. I might just make it!

Archived