Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

Ok everyone! Now that Caron has finally put up a picture and the pattern let's get going! You know you want to make one and you know you'd really like to do it NOW, so why not? Let's start a CAL for this!!!

I am going to try and make this for myself (if I can figure out how to convert it to a larger size) and plan on going yarn shopping tonite!

Let's get going and make this beautiful Jacket!!!!

If you haven't yet seen this awesome pattern, click HERE to get it!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Karen!

Well, I stopped by Wally World this morning and picked up 6 skeins of Simply Soft in Soft Blue! I love the color and cannot wait to get started on this thing! I really hope to make this quickly so that I'll have time to enjoy wearing it during the only chilly months down here, Dec & Jan!

What color are you using?

Okay, I must be nuts :loco, but I'm in too! I have so many irons in the fire :juggle , whats one more, right! This is too pretty to pass up and will definately keep me out of trouble. I need to go yarn shopping :shop and wish I knew about this a couple of days ago since I just placed an order from Knitting Warehouse, but thats the way it goes! Maybe I'll place another!!! Donnalynn, thanks for organizing this! :hito Karen!!!

:hook:yarn:cheer

I might or might not make this but was looking over the pattern and found an error/typo. Under "materials" it states that the H hook is for the buttons only, yet under "gauge" it states "in V-stitch pattern, using H hoook...". I think that should read "using I hook". Just FYI.

Welcome aboard! The more the merrier!

Well I got started on this and there was something that was a little "unclear" so I wanted to make sure you guys didn't have to frog a row twice before getting it.

If making the small size, only do Row #2

if making the medium, do only Rows 2 & 2A

if making the large, do Rows 2, 2A and 2B.

Hope this helps everyone!!!

P.S. Yes, you do want to use the "I" hook for the body of the sweater, although I'm using a J since I want mine to be a little bit larger.

:cheer I'll be watching this group:cheer but I can't add this just now. :cheer Love the patterrn and thanks for the link.:cheer

Can't wait for the pictures to start:clap

We need a smiley cheerleader with sage green pompoms:hook

Welcome aboard, Trish! I know, I just couldn't resist this one! I know I'll pay when Christmas gets here and I'm not done with all my presents but hopefully this won't take too terribly long and it's just so pretty!!!

So how hard is this really?:think What determines how "intermediate" you are? I'd love to add this to my gunnado list , but it looks a little scary :eek . And not only is it just soooooooo adorable :dreaming it is also in my fave color :tup making it even more tempting to try .

Welcome aboard everyone!

Trish, the color really sounds lovely! Can't wait to see how everyone's turns out!

I found another error!

Row #10 says to repeat Row #7, however, if you do this, your count will be off on Row #11. Instead you should repeat Row #9 instead of #7. This makes the counts on Row #11 line up correctly.

Very funny Trish! I get stuck frogging and re-hooking! LOL

Actually, that last correction may not be right afterall. I'll let you guys know once I get this next row done.

Maybe Caron was in too big a hurry to get the pattern out before double checking against errors... :(

OoOOooooH!! I have been eyeballing this since I got my interweave crochet book and saw that in there as the advertisement for Caron Yarns!!! I so wanted to make this, and now you've made up my mind to JUST DO IT!!!

I'm in!!

Krystal

Okay, count me in on this one too! I have just about an hours worth of work left on the sweater I am working on now and will start this when I get finished. I have a red sweater I made out of SS that I have been meaning to frog as I don't like how it fits. It would look great turned into this!

Darski- I was thinking the same thing about the ruffles around the neck! I am going to do an edging that will match the stitch used in the ruffle instead.

Goodness, I've only been here a day, and you all already have me jumping in on a CAL! That sweater is beautiful!! I'm thinking of Rubine Red to wear over a black shirt and pants at work. I spend all of my time crocheting for my young daughter or for charities and never make anything for myself, so I deserve this, right??

Now I just need to convince hubby that we need to go into town tomorrow so I can go yarn shopping!!

Goodness, I've only been here a day, and you all already have me jumping in on a CAL! That sweater is beautiful!! I'm thinking of Rubine Red to wear over a black shirt and pants at work. I spend all of my time crocheting for my young daughter or for charities and never make anything for myself, so I deserve this, right??

Now I just need to convince hubby that we need to go into town tomorrow so I can go yarn shopping!!

Everyone deserves to make themselves something every now and then! :yes

You'll be happy you did!

Krystal

Archived