Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that the error for not having the right stitch count begins on row 6. You have to do ch 5 v stitch in the beginnig v stitch on row 6 and a v stitch in tch space +dc in 3rd tch at the end. I hope this helps someone. I completely missed that and by the time I got to row 11, it didn't work out right.

Absolutely beautiful, and you made it so fast. Maybe I don't need to wait till i finish my other project to start mine. I live in Ohio so I'm going to have to go with the sleeves so I'm sure it will take me much longer to finish. Good work. Careful where you wear it though. Everyone will be asking for one ;-)

great job, donna. i was not sure about this one but after seeing how nice yours came out and how quickly you finished i am definitely going to jump in on this one. i think this is a great christmas gift. with or without the sleeves.

OOOOH, I wanna make that!!! What the heck, if I can have 12 WIPs then I can have 13 WIPs... it's been a loooooonnnnggggg time since I've actually finished anything. Oh, well.

I'll be yarn shopping later this week! ya-hoo!:cheer

Me too, looks like a fun sweater....I need to make a visit to JoAnn's tomorrow and hope they have Simply Soft....I want to have a brown cardi as I have some skirts to match or purple will be ok with brown too.....:cheer I wonder if someone can write up all the corrections on one thread....Maybe Caron will do that for us....

I'm going to go for it and CAL with you all for this jacket. I have spruce colored yarn that I had just begun another shrug with but I'm willing to pull out what little is started to start this jacket, lol. I wonder what it will look like on me? And if it will fit right, lol.

Does anyone know where I can find 7/8" carbone rings? :think I've seen every size but that! If you'd like to send me a couple of them that would be great, too :) Will refund cost of item and postage. Please pm if you know a source and/or willing to send.

Does anyone know where I can find 7/8" carbone rings? :think I've seen every size but that! If you'd like to send me a couple of them that would be great, too :) Will refund cost of item and postage. Please pm if you know a source and/or willing to send.

I was looking for those for a previous project and never could find them so I just made my own button with the yarn...

Donnalynn,

How did you make the buttons? I might go find some that are already made.

I just did CH 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join. CH 1, 2 sc around, join. CH 1, sc in first 2 sc's, sc dec, repeat around. Repeat last round, weave through stitches and pull tight. Easy peasie button!

Thanks Karen for the correction info. I have added it to my pattern.

You are welcome! The pattern is written correctly, but I was just pointing out that you have to pay attention to what's being asked of you because there's some variations on how to begin and end each row.

It's cute. The "V" is a bit deep for me though. I love the sleeves. Unfortunately, with two sweaters going (okay, one is still waiting for yarn) I don't think I can join CAL right now. But I'll watch. Maybe I can figure out a way to shorten the V...my hamsterwheel is spinning now!! Definitely worth printing.

Did anyone else notice, this looks similar to one done in the last, or second last, Annies Attic catalogue (theirs was read)? Or is it just me.

Archived