Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

Sorry Craftybutterfly but I just got onto my computer tonite. Hubby and I were watching Mythbusters! LOL If I'm not mistaken, row 6 gave me troubles too. Basically you do a leaf, then a v then a leaf then a v then a leaf and v's around... I'll have to double check, but I think that's what it was.

Someone earlier mentioned this pattern had no errors. Not correct! We have spotted several errors like the blaring one at the beginning telling you to use the wrong sized hook! LOL I also know that in one row it doesn't tell you the right sequence and leaves one V stitch out. Caron definately did not check this for errors before sending it out to the public!

Oh boy I hope this doesn't mean I not only have row 11 messed up but row 6 too. I don't remember anything that had a leaf, then a V then a leaf then a V then a leaf then V's around...I'm going to check over mine in the morning and see if I can see what i may have messed up. This pattern is going to have my nerves shot lol. But some how i'll make this bugger work for me, lol.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard everyone!

Trish, the color really sounds lovely! Can't wait to see how everyone's turns out!

I found another error!

Row #10 says to repeat Row #7, however, if you do this, your count will be off on Row #11. Instead you should repeat Row #9 instead of #7. This makes the counts on Row #11 line up correctly.

:(UUUgh...you know what...this could have been my problem I was having with row 11. Soooo once again for the third time, I'll be doing the dreadful "frogging"...oh god that hurts :ohdear:faint. I'm hoping that this is the only area sofar that needs fixed.

Does anyone know where I can find 7/8" carbone rings? :think I've seen every size but that! If you'd like to send me a couple of them that would be great, too :) Will refund cost of item and postage. Please pm if you know a source and/or willing to send.

You know for the buttons for this I was thinking of making my own with polymer clay. Think this would be a good idea or bad? I've never crocheted a button before.

FINISHMENT!!! I just got done, thank goodness. Does that make me the second or is someone else finished and I just missed the post? I may come back and put a few more rows on the neck ruffle, but i just can't deal with that right now. Might have to wait till this weekend for pics though, cause I have no batteries for my digi cam and I won't see anyone that does till Saturday.

I just bought a button. It's like a fake family crest with a lion and a unicorn on either side of the crest thing and below it, it says HONOR. But...I think I'm going to end up using a big rhinestone butterfly pin as a closure and not put a button on at all. That way I can mix and match pins to go with the shirt I wear under the sweater. I'll just save the "honor" button for another project.

Hi, I'm entering this CAL. I was working on another pattern that I'm just not happy with, so I'm using that yarn to make this...Actually I'm doing this in #3 DMC Cotton and an F hook...so I have to make adjustments to size anyway...and I'm about to start row 11, so I'm glad to see the correction...

The color will be pink...I love this design, very pretty and feminine...

And kudos to those that have finished so far...

Ok, I'm ready to put on the sleeves. Last night i was laying in bed and going over the pattern in my head, and I've become friends with this pattern again. In retrospect, it really is an easy pattern, with the exception of row 6 (which should only have THREE leaf repeats, cant tell you how long it took me to figure that out). I will definatly be making another one. One other change I had to do is when putting it together and making the chains for the underarm. The pattern said chain 5, but I chained 7, because chain 5 was just too snug. Also, Donna your pictures helped out alot with helping me figure out where to put the second repeats (row 11 I think?), so I really appreciate your posting those. Now, lets hope it fits when i'm done :)

Ok, I'm ready to put on the sleeves. Last night i was laying in bed and going over the pattern in my head, and I've become friends with this pattern again. In retrospect, it really is an easy pattern, with the exception of row 6 (which should only have THREE leaf repeats, cant tell you how long it took me to figure that out). I will definatly be making another one. One other change I had to do is when putting it together and making the chains for the underarm. The pattern said chain 5, but I chained 7, because chain 5 was just too snug. Also, Donna your pictures helped out alot with helping me figure out where to put the second repeats (row 11 I think?), so I really appreciate your posting those. Now, lets hope it fits when i'm done :)

Welcome aboard Deborah! Jump in any time!

Crafty ~ I cannot wait to see your completed jacket!!! Glad I was of some help!

Count me in! I went to Michael's yesterday and stared at the selection of Simply Soft until I finally just decided on the Soft Raspberry. It takes me FOREVER to decide what color to make anything.:scrachin

I'll be sitting on airplanes and in airports for several hours tomorrow, so I should be able to get a good start on this. And, since I'll be visiting my mother for a few days, where the pace is not terribly hectic:yawn I should have time to work on it while I'm there, too.

Wish me luck on my very first CAL!

Susan

Momtolabs, best of luck to you!! That soft rasberry is a nice color. I'm doing country blue.:yay

I thought I was doing great until I hit row 9 and missed the V, ch 2, V in the corners :oops . Luckily I only had to frog :eek about half the row to correct the error:sigh.

Word of caution, read the posts here with tips and read the pattern slowly and carefully!

Have fun MTL for short!:hook

Got my yarn today:clap Couldn't decide so I got Plum Wine and Black (enough of both colors) and brought them home to get hubby's opinion... he liked the Plum Wine!!!! Says I already have enough black stuff :think - but, is it possible to have too much yarn??? I think not! I'm sure I'll think of something to do with it!

OK, I'm new here (but loving it!), and I'm moving this weekend, but I love this pattern and think I'm going to jump in and join you all! Of course there are a gazillion other things I'm working on right now too...as usual...but I need this sweater in my wardrobe!!

Those of you who have finished or come close - what do you think of the sizing? I read one person say it was a bit snug (always my problem too) - wondering if I should start with a larger hook or not. Thanks!!!

Gretchen:cheer

I'm on row 23, but I think I'm going to add a couple more rows before I do,it seems a little short on me! I hope everyone is enjoying the CAL eventhough there are problems with the pattern. I'm taking good notes on my printed copy in case I want to make another one.

:(I have to admit that this pattern is really testing my nerves, lol. I finally got all 6 rows worth of frogging all crocheted up once again and of course (because my luck is just so wonderful) I ended up getting stuck again. I was about to say the heck with it all. BUT I stopped myself, calmed down and looked up the picture that Donna had shared with us. Apparently from the look of the picture compaired to my work there was a V skipped in row 12. Well that's how I'm accepting it as. I don't think I have the strength to wing this on my own...hubby and I are both in moods right now...not good, lol. So once I'm feeling a bit better I'm going to go back to working on it.

This day has not been good to me...all stressed and depressed, so I'll let you all go and not bore anyone. I'm going to try to make myself feel alittle better.

Had church last night, so didn't get to finish. I tried it on, and its a bit snug. Donna, how did you get yours to be bigger, did you just go up a hook size?

melissa

Ok, I used a J hook and I also added one more row on the Row #2 for increasing the stitches a bit. I also tend to crochet loosely so for a regular person I'd say use a K hook! :devil

Hi all,

I thought I was cruising here but I hit row 11 and I'm confused. I am making the large size, and it says ch 5, V in first ch-sp, V in next 7(I have a total of 7 till I hit the corner V), V in next corner V, base ch/sc 5 for underarm, sk sts of armhole, V in next corner V!

Help!

Do I do my first V in the corner V, do the base chain thing, then the second V in the same corner V of the first, leaving the ch/sc stitches free? :think :think :think :think :think

Hi all,

I started the jacket way back on page 1 of this thread. I used caron one pounder (cape cod blue) for the large sized jacket instead of simply soft, since that's what I had on hand, with a j-hook. I'm on row 4 of the body ruffle.

I already finished the sleeves, although I have to admit I didn't need 4-5 rows, short arms. I also did a couple of decreases in the width of the arm.

Thank you Donna for the corrections and photos, they are a big help.

Elaine

Well, I think:think my problem is that I followed the directions:bang and repeated row 7 for row 10:thair, and I should have done row 9, so I'll be frogging away:sigh and redoing row 10:faint.

Hopefully, someone will tell me about the other questions:huh, I hope....:yes

Help :help

Well, I was all excited about this jacket, got to row 11, and that was it, I have frogged this thing 4 times, and then come to find out Crochetville was doing a CAL for this. This pattern has tested my nerves to the end. I've read all that was posted here, and it looks like another frogging coming up. By the time I make it it will look well worn if I keep frogging my yarn. Well guess I'll start a fresh skein and pray!!

Terri

Terri,

Your not alone. I redid row 10, had questions on 11, then a light bulb moment came! I think I'm supposed to attach the corners so it looks like the beginning of a sweater. I'll let you know what I find out!

Cheers:D

Ok, Row #11 if I remember correctly is where you make the armholes. The instructions are confusing. You do end up going to the stitch suggested, but what you are doing is skipping all the stitches in between so that when you attach it, you've got a hole for your arm. Does this make sense?

Archived