Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

Okay... that's it. You guys are soo much further than me. I give up on frogging my other sweater to make this one. I did such a good job at weaving in the ends that I can't even get the seams apart to frog it!:angry

Soooo..... its off to Walmart I go to get some fresh yarn!:hook

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got my yarn the other day but I'm soooo intimidated by all the errors.

To be honest, the sweater isn't hard at all to make and the errors are minimal. Just follow the pattern VERY carefully, watch out for Row 6 (read previous posts about how to do it), watch out for Row 11 (again, check posts about it), and count your stitches at the end of each row to make sure they match up so you don't have to frog it later on down the road. I'm not having a problem with the difficulty of the pattern (thanks to the pointers on this thread), I just need more crochet time!! Today I was at Pee-Wee football games from 9:30 AM till 3:30 PM (daughter cheers for one team, sone plays on another). Since it's a sweltering 89 degrees out today, it wasn't exactly one of those days when I could crochet in the stands while I watched!:P

Well, I survived and got through it all! Joy - I'm on row 19, but attended a quilt show today, so I don't know if I'll go any further tonight. I also caught the missing V between the leafs :yay much to my surprise!

Cheers all!

I've got my eye on this CAL, if I ever get my 200 Blocks 'ghan finished.

Everyone who's having problems with the pattern should send an email to Caron at this address: public_relations@caron.com. Describe the problems you are having and ask if there is official errata. I emailed a publisher recently about a pattern and received an email from the author of the pattern! So, it can't hurt to ask for help. They like to know people are interested in the patterns they provide, not to mention it helps promote their product.

Hello Everyone!:waving

I have secretly joined this CAL last week. :heehee

I am doing mine in Caron SS in Chocolate (Brown).

Probably would have been done if I didn't have to keep frogging a row because of the pattern mistakes and mine.:rolleyes

I am planning on adding a row (or two) to the fringe as I want a little more than what the pattern calls for when I try it on. So tired of frogging this thing.:2frog

Ok, found another error. When you start the ruffle edge, it says for Row 4-6, repeat row 3...but there is no row 3, so we have to assume it means repeat row 2. So watch that. As for errors being minimal, I found atleast 3. I get up tight easy, that being said, to me even one error is too many, and I still say it could have been written better. Alas!! I'm nearly done. All in all, I agree, it is an easy pattern. I was out of town this weekend, so i didnt get it finished, but i hope to put the sleeves on tonight. Lets see some pics you guys!!! I'm eager to see they're all turning out.

Ok, I believe I added an extra Row #2A (the first increase row). That, along with the larger hook gave me the size difference that I needed.

I agree, Crafty, that this really is an easy design and pattern, it's just written very poorly. It's kinda like the seraphina shawl in that respect. Once you figure out what the designer meant it goes really fast!

P.S. It's never too late to join in! You can join at any time!

Hey, y'all. I just joined crochetville today...specifically because I wanted to try this pattern...but I freaked out when I read the directions. I surely do think your experience will help me! I can't start this project for myself for a while...gotta get Christmas gifts done first. Will it be too late to join up after Christmas? Will I still be able to read your posts then? Thanks!

Ok, found another error. When you start the ruffle edge, it says for Row 4-6, repeat row 3...but there is no row 3, so we have to assume it means repeat row 2. So watch that. As for errors being minimal, I found atleast 3. I get up tight easy, that being said, to me even one error is too many, and I still say it could have been written better. Alas!! I'm nearly done. All in all, I agree, it is an easy pattern. I was out of town this weekend, so i didnt get it finished, but i hope to put the sleeves on tonight. Lets see some pics you guys!!! I'm eager to see they're all turning out.

There is a round 3. For some reason it didn't print in bold like all the other rounds. I was puzzled when I got to that point also then just started looking over it and it's there. It begins with ch 5, cl in next ch-2, etc.

Okay, I'm on the collar edging thingy and I have to say, I'm really hating this pattern right now. I'm tempted to leave off the ruffled edges stuff and just put on the sleeves and leave it at that. I just sorta winged it in the pattern when things didn't add up like they should and Right now I'm not in the mood to try and figure this thing out. What do you all think? Do you think it would look okay without the ruffled collar edging stuff and just with the sleeves? I hate to rip (or throw it out, because thats what kinda mood i'm in right now) this thing away after all the hard work and the material that I bought and put into this thing. I loved how Donna's turned out without the sleeves or ruffled collar or anything. But I'd atleast like to have the sleeves on mine because it does get cold down here and this would be the first long-sleeved garment that i've ever made.

Suggestions?

Krystal

:lolOk you guys..........you can slow down anyday now, lol. Some of us are still calming ourselves down from nerves being shot from figuring out the flub ups to this pattern, lol. I'm on the "Ruffle Trim" part yet, lol. I'll probably be low-weenie when it come to showing off the finished project, lol.

Okay, I'm on the collar edging thingy and I have to say, I'm really hating this pattern right now. I'm tempted to leave off the ruffled edges stuff and just put on the sleeves and leave it at that. I just sorta winged it in the pattern when things didn't add up like they should and Right now I'm not in the mood to try and figure this thing out. What do you all think? Do you think it would look okay without the ruffled collar edging stuff and just with the sleeves? I hate to rip (or throw it out, because thats what kinda mood i'm in right now) this thing away after all the hard work and the material that I bought and put into this thing. I loved how Donna's turned out without the sleeves or ruffled collar or anything. But I'd atleast like to have the sleeves on mine because it does get cold down here and this would be the first long-sleeved garment that i've ever made.

Suggestions?

Krystal

I SOOOO know what you mean. I ended up winging it myself on the ruffle, and mine is a bit different than the pattern because of this. I personally think it would look really cute either way. I had said early that I would make this again, but in reality, probably not. Not anytime soon anyway. I have to start work on the Amish Beauty afghan for my prayer partner at church right away if it's to be done in time for Christmas. Put the sleeves on, then see how you like it. It is a really cute sweater, but the pattern gave me more than one head ache, and I have other projects to get done, so I'm moving on.

I SOOOO know what you mean. I ended up winging it myself on the ruffle, and mine is a bit different than the pattern because of this. I personally think it would look really cute either way. I had said early that I would make this again, but in reality, probably not. Not anytime soon anyway. I have to start work on the Amish Beauty afghan for my prayer partner at church right away if it's to be done in time for Christmas. Put the sleeves on, then see how you like it. It is a really cute sweater, but the pattern gave me more than one head ache, and I have other projects to get done, so I'm moving on.

I know what you mean. I was almost in tears from being mad at the pattern, when I knew I could make this, but with all the incomplete instructions, that kinda killed the mood for me. BUT I am going to make another I think (not rushing it though) and I'm going to mark down more of what I need to know or what adjustments I have made. We'll get thru this some how, lol:hug

My finished Soft sage circle jacket is on my blog, it's a self portrait but I will get some better ones up later when the hubby gets home. I also put my notes on there as well.

Karen, it's spectacular!!!! Really really nice. I'm in awe. :cheer:clap:eek

Ok, I went back and looked a second time and scrolled down to your other pics. You know, this looks really nice without the sleeves too. You're inspiring me to keep going on this. Matter of fact, I want to frog what I've done on the ruffle, and start that over. Again, excelent job Karen. Thanks for posting those pics.....i'm gonna keep going now.

Archived