Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on Row 14 right now and it's coming along swimmingly! I tried it on and fits GREAT through the underarm. I'm so pleased!!!!! I really didn't have any problem with the pattern except for a missing ch2 in one row and of course the missing V-st in row 12. As long as you read closely, you will get it. YAYAY :)

I guess I've joined in on this, considering I started last night!!! :) This is very bad as the last thing I need is another project... and the yarn budget is nonexistent these days... BUT... this is a very cost effective project I must say... Even if i needed to use 6 balls of yarn, Twelve or Thirteen dollars for this is not bad at all... You would not be able to buy someting like this in the store for that much...

I am making it with the Simply Soft Brites Berry Blue. I am done with row 7 now... I only had to frog row 6 once... Honestly, this is not a hard pattern at all... I wouldn't call row 6 an error... it is just very... oversimplified... They want you to make three leaf repeats... that is the jist of it... But with all of the "repeat from **" and "repeat from []" in that row, you forget how many V's you were supposed to do between the leaves!!! :)

I actually have a purse to finish before this weekend for a 'contest' at a nearby LYS... So I don't know if I will be able to work on this much more before Saturday night... The contest is pretty open as far as what you can submit... Felting yarn, nonfelting yarn, purse, backpack tote... the sky's the limit... What I was REALLY surprised about is the submissions don't even have to be made with yarn from the shop!!! The winner gets a $100 gift card to the shop!!! Wish me luck... I am actually making one of those "sak" inspired bags... It is coming out GREAT sofar... I am winging it as I go along...

Please forgive this question if someone else has posted, but I'm on round 2 of the ruffle trim. It says to V in next V, make leaf in next V, 41 times. Ok, I'm at the part of the collar that is all sc, so, do I do a similar pattern throught the sc?????? I think it would get pretty crowded real quick!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:think :think

Please forgive this question if someone else has posted, but I'm on round 2 of the ruffle trim. It says to V in next V, make leaf in next V, 41 times. Ok, I'm at the part of the collar that is all sc, so, do I do a similar pattern throught the sc?????? I think it would get pretty crowded real quick!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:think :think

Yes, that's what you do!

Mandilyn,

I'm just about to finish row 23 so don't fret - I'll be last for sure!:hug

I don't even have my yarn yet (gasp!) so I'll be last. So far last, that I don't think I even count!:think I AM going to do this one though. It's a gottado, and I'm just waiting for Hobby Lobby to have a good sale or a good coupon. If they take too long, I'm going to go in anyway...though that's extremely bad for my yarn "budget" (basically zero right now)

I'm still working on mine, too. Too many projects going on at one time! I'm doing mine in black.

Kim :princess

:yesI still have mine to finish up too. It's alittle hard for me to stick with time consuming projects, lol. But I do get them done eventually, lol. There is just so much out there to make. I have my WIP's then I have my little requests from my kids, lol. They have really liked what I've been making, which is animals lately. Like they really need ANOTHER stuffed animal, lol. I think it's my turn to start collecting stuffed animals, lol.

OK,I'm actually going to START mine right now! Too many other things going on, plus I've been unpacking all week (moved last weekend) but I NEED to crochet to unwind, even if it's just a little every day. Well, the other project I've been focused on has me frustrated, so what a better thing to do than start a new one?!:hook I'm doing mine in Dk Country Blue and hoping cat hair won't show up TOO badly. Wish me luck!

I sort of joined in this CAL, but I don't think I have posted to this thread yet. I started my jacket earlier this week. I am currently on the ruffle trim and got as far as the first few V's in the corner and got confused so I ended for the night (I was very tired and didn't feel like frustrating myself) How many V's are in the corners?

I really want to try to have it done for my cousins wedding on the 14th. I am using the Plum wine, like a few of you. I was going to do black, but I have so many black sweaters, I figured a little color would do me good. But some said they are using the brown.....and that makes me want to make another!

I have mine finished except for blocking and the button/tie. I am trying to find something I like for that. I've had mine done for a week, but couldn't finish it off due to getting dh off on a trip and getting my dd ready for outdoor school for next week. You would think they are helpless or something??? Hopefully, I will get it blocked by this weekend and decide on a tie/button and get pics posted.

Archived