Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all you NClians. I am from a town East of Charlotte called Monroe LOL. I have been living here for about 3 years now. I was raised in Troutman, NC which is south of Statesville and north of Mooresville LOL. Most people don't know where Troutman is LOL. It is so nice to see so many people from the same area as me. Maybe we can get together sometime.:D

Hey Juli, I meant to mention this at the end of the Spring Yarn Swap but I grew up in Rutherfordton (I'm in Canton now). I visit there often to see my folks and my husband and I are planning to build a house there within the next couple years. Small World!!

Wow -- you're right Amanda! It really is a small world. I grew up in Kansas, and moved out here several years ago. We just moved to Spindale from High Point a few months ago. I'm glad we did -- I just love it here!!

We live in Spindale, but just past the Rutherfordton city limits. Kinda the grey area. haha. :) My son and step-daughter go to RS Central High School. Did you go there??

Have a great day!!

Juli

• 1 month later...

Hey, y'all! I'm new here (just signed up). I'm in Clayton (SE of Raleigh). Actually, I'm in Wilders, which is an unincorporated township about halfway between Clayton and Smithfield, but nobody's ever heard of Wilders, and the mailing address is Clayton, so.... :)

Been crocheting about 35 years now -- left handed -- in both yarn and thread. I'd been "away" for a few years with other responsibilities, but I'm getting back into the crocheting mode lately, which is what led to my signing up here.

Anyway, nice to "see" so many other NC-ers here! :cheer

--Torka

Oh Reba! Hey there! We are next door neighbors! LOL!

twogtgirls--LOL Yeah, we're right next to each other! I'm right around Northcross Library (on 21), if you know where that is. I was just looking at your blog, you make some really neat stuff! I'm a beginning crocheter, haven't made uch of anything on account of me being horrible at patterns.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been lucky enought to meet Linda who is in same development with me:c9 . I'm in Jacksonville, and my DH isn't even a Marine.

Lonna

We live in Spindale, but just past the Rutherfordton city limits. Kinda the grey area. haha. :) My son and step-daughter go to RS Central High School. Did you go there??

Juli

Yes, I graduated from Central in 2000!! Go Hilltoppers!!

I'm a good hour from Jacksonville, in Beaufort; but I come down there sometimes to Michaels. Is there anywhere else in the area with a good yarn dept? There is basicly NOTHING up here. One craft store we've talked into carrying a bit of yarn, and thats it.

Kathy

Kathy,

Besides Michael's (in Jacksonville) there is a new craft shop on Piney Green Road that has a better collection of thread than Michael's and Wal-Mart. Lonna is the one who told me about it. I got a great skein of varigated yellow thread there and made my first thread project with it.

Linda

The name of the store on Piney Green is: A Crafter's Dream. It is in the same little strip mall as the Nail Co. and there is a bridal salon and a karate place too. If you are coming from Hwy. 24 it is on the left.

• 4 weeks later...

I missed A Crafter's Dream when I was in Jacksonville the 6th, but I was sort of in a hurry. I left my purse in the Golden Corral on 24 and didn't realize till I got to Fashion Bug on 17. It was 'tax free' weekend and a total madhouse, so I dropped daughter off at the Bug and headed back to get my purse. Took Piney Green back to the Bug, but was trying to drive with all due haste and look at the same time. Next time I'm down there I'll call them for hours first.

Kathy

Got back to Beaufort and got a bonanza of Red Heart Pounders at Walmart, and they were SOFT too. Perfect for afghans for Pine Ridge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...