Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi,

I'm in Laurel Springs;which is in Ashe County in the NW side of the state in the mountains. Is there anyone else in this area who would like to get together and crochet and chat somewhere, sometime? I'm a short drive to Boone, Wilkesboro, or Jefferson.

Angie

hi,

I'm in Laurel Springs;which is in Ashe County in the NW side of the state in the mountains. Is there anyone else in this area who would like to get together and crochet and chat somewhere, sometime? I'm a short drive to Boone, Wilkesboro, or Jefferson.

Angie

I went to App State. I wish I were in your area.:(

• 5 weeks later...

I'm from Jacksonville....and I am a MARINE!! There are actually 3 craft stores in Jacksonville that are not Michael's or Wal-Mart. One is called a Tail Spinner, than as someone said there is one called a crafters dream and I can't remember the other one. I'll have to post that another time. Not sure if the people in Jacksonville would be interested but they have a crochet organization here. You can attend the meetings a couple of times without having to join. Just incase any one wants to check them out just let me know and I'll give you more info.

I'm from Jacksonville....and I am a MARINE!! There are actually 3 craft stores in Jacksonville that are not Michael's or Wal-Mart. One is called a Tail Spinner, than as someone said there is one called a crafters dream and I can't remember the other one. I'll have to post that another time. Not sure if the people in Jacksonville would be interested but they have a crochet organization here. You can attend the meetings a couple of times without having to join. Just incase any one wants to check them out just let me know and I'll give you more info.

I'd like to know where Tail Spinner is located. Is it actually in Jacksonville or outside?

My dad was a Marine a long time ago...stationed at Cherry Point. I was born there. Semper Fi.....

I know where Cherryville is. or shall we say "Chervul". I went to college with a lot of people from Cherryville. But that was a looooooooooooong time ago.

It is so funny how people "argue" about hto say Cherryville. I am from the North, (originally m Michigan) and call it Cherryville. I love it here. Is really quiet.. We live on 3 acre's here with a lot of pets. I am hoping to get a couple of angora goats someday.:yarn

Hi all! I am in Shelby. There sure are a lot of Melissa's here:clap ! I am a SAHM of three (6b, 3g, 2months girl). I just joined toda and I am really excited!:cheer

I have noticed that too. Must be a very popular name. :cheer You aren't that far from me. Shelby is right around the corner from here.

i know several people in cherryville, and drive through there once in a while. i have been busy running kids here and there and my grandmaw, etc. so i haven't been able to get on for a few days, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,I live in Northern North Carolina,near the Virginia border.It is a little town called Providence in Caswell county.It is about 30 min from Burlington and 45 min from Greensboro.:cheer

You're pretty close to me then. I'm in Cedar Grove in Northern Orange county. I'm about 10 minutes north of Hillsobrough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I live in Winterville, NC- a small town outside of Greenville. I'm orginally from Morehead City though.

Hello Neighbor! I technically live in Ayden, NC but actually live 11 miles from it off of County Home Road! It is nice to see others here that crochet. I am a recent transplant!

My husband is in the Air force and we just moved to Goldsboro, NC less than a week ago and I was wondering are there any good yarn shops around the Goldsboro area?

My husband is in the Air force and we just moved to Goldsboro, NC less than a week ago and I was wondering are there any good yarn shops around the Goldsboro area?

There's one in Wilson:

Knit Wit

2801 Ward Boulevard Suite 1B

Wilson NC 27893

(252) 291-8149

There's one in New Bern called the Weaver's Webb. That's where I go. Wilson's not close to me at all.