Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

• 4 weeks later...

Aw you're all making me miss "home"!

:) I was raised in NC, lived in/near greensboro for most of my life, went to school in Raleigh, lived on the coast a little too. Can't wait to head up to sunset beach and greensboro in may!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Niesha, I'll do what I can to lend a hand but I'm just a beginner crocheter. I've got nothing but time!

Ilene I'm near you, I live in the Raleigh Durham area. Maybe you can teach me some patterns. It looks like you are fast. (smile) Look forward to hearing from you

Niesha

I live 40 miles north of Raleigh but would be happy to organize a S&B if anyone is interested... perhaps at Pullen Arts Center... or if it's nice enough at Pullen Park.... Great Yarns is so small but there are a ton of places to try...

That would be really nice! It's been years since I've been to Pullen Park, I used to live near there way back in '78 when we lived in Raleigh. (Just off of Western Blvd.)

I live 40 miles north of Raleigh but would be happy to organize a S&B if anyone is interested... perhaps at Pullen Arts Center... or if it's nice enough at Pullen Park.... Great Yarns is so small but there are a ton of places to try...

I would be glad to after someone gives me a refresher course, lol. I haven't tried to knit since I was in my very early 20's which has been 20 years now.

Even though this is a crochet sight I'm sure there are others here who do knit, some really talented people here!

Hey Everybody! Wow I just found this thread and I can't believe how many of us are nearby. I'm in Hillsborough, technically northeastern Orange County, but who's counting?

Has anyone checked out the Knit and Crochet group at the Orange County Library on Tuesday evenings? It's a little hard for me to get to because I have 2 little girls who like to eat dinner and be put to bed. Would love to hear something about it.

Hey Neighbor! I'm in Cedar Grove, just up 86 from you.

Hey Everybody! Wow I just found this thread and I can't believe how many of us are nearby. I'm in Hillsborough, technically northeastern Orange County, but who's counting?

Has anyone checked out the Knit and Crochet group at the Orange County Library on Tuesday evenings? It's a little hard for me to get to because I have 2 little girls who like to eat dinner and be put to bed. Would love to hear something about it.

• 1 month later...

I live about 15 miles from Burlington! And I work in Chapel Hill! :cheerAnyone here from Mebane or Hillsborough? Just wondering if there are any crochet groups (year round) in Alamance & Orange Counties?

If anyone is interested ~ this is at the Orange County Public Library in Hillborough NC. This is usually during the summer only. I haven't been yet. Didn't find out about it until the last week last year and missed it.

Knit and Crochet Club
HH00898_.gif

The library invites you to join a summer stitching club where memb
ers meet to learn and share crocheting and knitting skills from one another. Sign up or show up!

The first and third Tuesday of the month: 6:30 - 7:30pm

Please bring your own materials and supplies.

SweetButterfly, I'm in Cedar Grove and I've been to the last 2 meeting at the Knit and Crochet Club.

Last Tuesday's meeting was small (only 4 of us) and all crocheters. I think the knitters took the day off.

I live about 15 miles from Burlington! And I work in Chapel Hill! :cheerAnyone here from Mebane or Hillsborough? Just wondering if there are any crochet groups (year round) in Alamance & Orange Counties?

If anyone is interested ~ this is at the Orange County Public Library in Hillborough NC. This is usually during the summer only. I haven't been yet. Didn't find out about it until the last week last year and missed it.

Knit and Crochet Club
HH00898_.gif

The library invites you to join a summer stitching club where memb
ers meet to learn and share crocheting and knitting skills from one another. Sign up or show up!

The first and third Tuesday of the month: 6:30 - 7:30pm

Please bring your own materials and supplies.

Sweetbutterfly, where have you been girl? I've been to the last 2 and I think I have Minwifeof4boys talked into it!!! :yay Now if I could only find a babysitter for Laureni526.

I just needed to remind folks in this part of the country that the 24th Annual Hog Day festival will be held June 16th and 17th in Beautiful Downtown Hillsborough. It's promising to be one of the best concidering one of my favorite local performers will be there, Mike Cross! Details for the event are at www.hogdays.com I plan to be there!