My First Design: Bruges lace Celtic knot

The Shrone

brugesknot-thumb.jpg

For awhile now I've had this idea that Bruges lace would be the perfect way to make Celtic knots. Only my ambition to test my theory was not highly motivated. Then Sammimag posted about Bruges lace and my motivational level jumped as I had forgotten just how fun making the lace can be!

Next I hope to tackle a more intricate design that would be a continuous piece that would be full of twists and turns.

~ Lori

it's great lori! i've been playing with the lace too since sammimag's post. it works up so quickly and the people who have seen it were in awe. one question though (since I am teaching myself as usual). some places online say that in the bends you do 2dc 1hdc 1sc I just did 4dc, it doesnt sit perfectly flat, but i wasn't sure if there is a right way?

It is TERRIBLE; nauseatingly awful! Digusting that you would force that poor thread into such Gordian Knots. I can't believe the Thread Police aren't after you! Horrible! Nasty! Repulsive!

[This is the abuse Lori takes from her big sister....*teehee*. Actually, I think it's a lovely piece and I'm awfully jealous that I cannot do that well...]

Archived