Donut Pincushion Pattern

nevadamama

Nevadamama, thanks for sharing this pattern. I just joined a pincushion swap and I may just have to make this one for my partner -- very fun!

Can someone tell me what "tack on the icing" means? Does that mean to use some type of glue or sew it on?

Tacking (as used here) is a sewing term. Basically, it means "quick, temporary stitching intended to be removed" or "sew together loosely, with large stitches" like when basting fabric together prior to permanently stitching (as opposed to the basting that's done to your Thanksgiving turkey). However, in this case I think NMama means to attach the "icing" to the "donut" with a simple, easy stitch along the edge to the material below.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on a pattern hunt again.........

I have 2 addictions, yarn and patterns!

Funny thing is, just earlier today, I was

thinking, I wish I had a pin cushion.....lol

Thank you for sharing this with us. This is a fun

pincushion!!! TY TY TY!

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad someone bumped this up. I have been having problems with my computer losing files. I was just getting ready to print it out yesterday when the computer crashed and lost it. So was on the hunt for it again and voila! here it is! I LOVE it!

• 1 month later...

Here's my donut - it's for my grandmother's birthday next month. She does a lot of sewing.

I think it's larger than it's supposed to be - I'm having a hard time keeping US and UK terminology straight, and I'm pretty sure I did the whole thing in the wrong stitch - but at least it's consistant! :lol

crocheted_donut.jpg

I am new here and checking out the patterns. This donut pin cushion looks good enough to eat. I plan to make this pattern too.

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Archived