Gone to the Dogs

Hellbo

Dogslippers.jpg

I made these slippers for my brother in law who has 2 rottweiler dogs (they are supposed to resemble them) They have cute stubby tails on teh back, but I did not photograph them so you will have to use your imagination.

I had no pattern to follow but remembered a sock pattern I had used a while ago so I just winged it. The eyes & nose needed padding as they scratched your skin so I crocheted discs & stitched them over the eyes - it worked a treat.

These are my first attempt at dog slippers & I'm hoping to improve on them as I'm not really happy with the mouth area -I've got to practice my neddlework.

Hope you all like them

OMG the first thing I thought of was my Tasha!!! She went to fur heaven in Feb. I would love the pattern if you write one up!!! They look just like a rottie!!! Great job!!!

You did a good job on those! They are adorable. I bet the little stubby on the back is cute. I love Rotties too. All dogs really but we have a rotten rottie right now who is spoiled because she is the only one we have right now. Our big guy died in February:(.

My cousins had a Rottweiler named Tasha, too. I got a grandson of her, but we don't have him any more. :( (He was a mix, with black lab and he looked just like a black lab...)

Tina

OMG the first thing I thought of was my Tasha!!! She went to fur heaven in Feb. I would love the pattern if you write one up!!! They look just like a rottie!!! Great job!!!

Ohhhh my goodness and you say it was your first attempt to design these..

Well my dear I've been crocheting since age 15 and I am 45 now and could never have had the brains to design these... Great job...

Archived