Black shoulder-bag with blue flower

Cuddlefish

This bag was inspired by my boyfriend's pillow. One morning I opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was this flower in the pattern on his pillowcase. I thought, hm, maybe I can crochet that. So as soon as he was out of bed I confiscated the pillow and took it to the sofa with me. I think it worked out pretty well, it's definitely not like any flower I've ever crocheted before.

This is the result, it's sitting on a black bag I crocheted especially to go with it. It's started at the bottom, crocheted in sc's in rounds around a row of ch's, with three sc's in each corner until the bottom is wide enough, and then just straight up until it's deep enough. The flap is sc's back and forth.

blackbagwithblueflowerkk2.jpg

Here's the inside, I really like the blue colour of those buttons. :manyheart

The inside pocket is pretty much the same size as the back of the bag. I had to line the strap, because the yarn is quite stretchy.

blackbaginsideyi6.jpg

The best thing is, it's made completely from yarn from my stash! :D

Thanks for looking. :)

Thanks. :hug

The flower is sorta free form, so it's hard to share. I just looked at the other flower, and tried to copy it with yarn; A blue oval middle, a black line up one side, a white line around the whole thing, and so on. It's so improvised, I'm sorry I can't really be more specific.

Thank you. :)

I used mostly superwash wool, but also some wool/acrylic blends that I've had lying around for ages. I don't think I'll machine wash it anyway, because the flower is mostly mohair.

Great Purse! I love the flower and the stem detail you added, and I really like your idea of making the back pocket. I love improvised stuff like that... makes it truly one-of-a-kind!

Joan

Ah yes, that flower is in the Jacobean style. I've always loved Jacobean prints. You've done a wonderful job of interpreting the design, Cuddlefish. The other elements of your bag are outstanding too. I love the button idea and the crocheted lining. This purse pattern would be worth writing up and publishing!:)

Great bag with such effective colours. What does the bf think..... mmm she only loves me for my pillow!:lol

Archived