cute Jack Sparrow-inspired Ami, savvy?

toriem

Aww cute Captain Jack!! You did a great job on him! Love the "eyeliner"

Why, thank you! Yeah, I definitely think doing the face was one of the more difficult challenges. Always on dolls, if you get the face right, it's like the cutest thing, but if you mess up on it, it ruins the whole doll.

Now he is just TOO cute!! What imagination! Thank you for sharing him with us! Hope to hear more from you on the boards!!!!

I think I should be posting here regularly now ^^ I know I have a whole bunch of projects I want to do!! and you guys are such a friendly, creative bunch :D

• 2 weeks later...

Soluna - I haven't turned my pattern in anywhere. I think you're mixing me up with someone else. But I have seen bixby's Jack ami at craftster and I think it's pretty wonderful too :)

I'm wondering tho if it would be a long shot to contact Disney's home or toy department and see if they were interested... hmmm we'll see.

wow, thats incredible, im sorry for the mix up, :blush im still in love with yours, and i think your very talented, :yes but still congrats on your great skill,:clap i hope i can crochet like you someday!:):hook

Absolutely brilliant work!!!

He just needs a hat and a compass and he'd be perfection!

Having worked for Disney for a short time in the late 80's (and having to sign pages and pages of documents about intellectual property, etc) I concur with the others that you might want to tweak his name or something because Disney is really militant about people using their images especially if they're profiting from it. Even if you're not, then can be really tough about it. Years ago I remember a story about a children's hospital where they painted mickey and characters on the walls without permission. Disney made them change it. I also heard that Warner Bros. sent out a crew of animators and they re-did the hospital in bugs bunny. They weren't even making money off of it!

He is amazing...so incredible and such great work just be careful, you don't want to mess with the Big Mouse when it comes to copywrite!

Ro

• 2 months later...
hello, congratulations on getting your wonderful pattern on interwave magazine, :)

you are very talented and a great inspiration, if you need anymore pattern testers, count me in. :yay

I was confused at first to- there was another Jack doll in that mag that is a little less Ami style than this one. I guess Pirate mania is such that you not only can get a pattern of Cap'n Jack, but get your pick of style too!

"Jack Sparrow" is a registered trademark belonging to the Disney company. They are VERY VERY proactive about going after anyone they find to be infringing upon their trademarks and copyrights. I've changed the title of this thread to be "Jack Sparrow-inspired."

Due to trademark concerns regarding this pattern, unless the original poster makes proper licensing arrangements with Disney, it would be a violation of our forum guidelines for the pattern to be posted here or for there to be any discussion of pattern testing.

I have deleted quite a few references within the thread to a pattern testing request. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause for those who wanted to test this pattern, but we have to do our best to respect trademark law as we understand it and as we have been advised by legal counsel.

Please, no further discussion of the pattern or pattern testing within this thread, or I will have to close it.

Archived