cute Jack Sparrow-inspired Ami, savvy?

toriem

Hey guys, this is my first post ever here and I wanted it to be kinda fun. A little bit about me, I'm 24, live in CA, and i started crocheting since March 2006. I love Tori Amos and Wilkie Collins. I fell in love with amis and I want to create a business around it, so I just opened up my etsy store just yesterday, which I call "Ami Amour". :D

So everyone's been having fun making their Jack Sparrow-inspired dolls, and I've been indulging in my share of it as well. I hope you love him!

100_1107.jpg

100_1072.jpg

More fun pics, specs, and commentary of Jack at my crochetblog: http://crochetgrlhotel.livejournal.com

Anyways, hopefully this will be the first of many posts for me!

-Sharon

Okaaaaay! I LOVE IT! This is Jack Sparrow at his best! My oh My, am I ever impressed! You must nr quite a Jack Sparrow fan.....as is my daughter. She has seen the movie 20 times (no exaggeration here) and is out seeing it again tonight, as I write this. I have got to show this to my Daughter, she is going to totally flip out! What a job you did! FANTASTIC!

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I would love the pattern for this.....so I could make this for my Daughter for a Christmas gift! WOW! Can you share the pattern?

Okaaaaay! I LOVE IT! This is Jack Sparrow at his best! My oh My, am I ever impressed! You must nr quite a Jack Sparrow fan.....as is my daughter. She has seen the movie 20 times (no exaggeration here) and is out seeing it again tonight, as I write this. I have got to show this to my Daughter, she is going to totally flip out! What a job you did! FANTASTIC!

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I would love the pattern for this.....so I could make this for my Daughter for a Christmas gift! WOW! Can you share the pattern?

Hi Daisy,

wow that's a lot of contribution at the box office ;) Well I'm currently selling him at my etsy store. As for the pattern, I am debating in my head whether I want to sell it or not on etsy. I will probably at least be selling a limited edition of the pattern on a POTC notebook, which will be pretty cute. I don't know about mass selling the pattern, just because I am selling the doll. I'm still thinking on it!

totally amazing...even visited your store...good luck...you are a very creative person and should go far

Thank you kindly and for dropping by Ami Amour. I really hope so, I'll try and see how far I can go!

Really cute. Very detailed. Going to check out your etsy store now. You should start selling the pattern. Lot's of people would prefer to make themselves - check out others who are selling patterns, etc.

Good Job and I hope you have great success.

This is so funny, Toriem---I was searching etsy last night, admiring people's work, and looked at some ami---I spent quite a long time looking at your Capt. Jack! So, i am glad to have the opportunity to tell you today that I really admire your work!

You do a great job--keep up the good work,

Nicole

Awsome doll. very good work.

Since you were debating the idea of selling the pattern, may i point out that you might would make more money by selling the patterns over the dolls??

It takes you time and materials to MAKE each and every doll. You already have the pattern made up. Even though you'd charge less per pattern than per doll, it could be way more advantageous.

W/ the doll you have to take time to actually go to the post office, and package it to ship. W/ the pattern, you could just email it so would be less time consuming in many ways.

You could use the extra time to spend designing more patterns, or crocheting other items, or with your family, etc. just a few ideas :)

Sandy

ohhhhhhhhh i LOVE him!!!!

I am so into the whole pirate theme right now (redecorating my youngest sons room to reflect that hehehehehe)

I would be interested in the pattern as well if you chose to sell it!

you did a FAB job!!!!

I just showed my Jack Sparrow fan (daughter), the picture of your crocheted one.....and she fell in love with it. She said, "Mom, you have to make me one of those!" I told her that I didn't have the pattern and that you were debating whether or not to sell the pattern. My daughter asked me, to tell you, "to get right on it!" LOL! She wants Jack Sparrow BAD!

She is so funny! She is an adult and is collecting all the pirate toys at McDonald's, from the happy meals :rofl But most of all she wants me to crochet your special Jack Sparrow! I have to admit....he is a cutie for sure!

That's awesome! I agree that a pattern would be a huge hit, but you may want to "adjust" the name to make it your own(so as not to get into it with Disney).

Thanks everyone for your awesome feedback! You guys have convinced me to sell the pattern. But I think I'm going to need some help with that, because I've never written an official pattern. I

anyways, I'm going to start on this today.

This is so funny' date=' Toriem---I was searching etsy last night, admiring people's work, and looked at some ami---I spent quite a long time looking at your Capt. Jack! So, i am glad to have the opportunity to tell you today that I really admire your work!

You do a great job--keep up the good work,

Nicole[/quote']

aww, thank you Nicole! I will definitely try. :D

ohhhhhhhhh i LOVE him!!!!

I am so into the whole pirate theme right now (redecorating my youngest sons room to reflect that hehehehehe)

I would be interested in the pattern as well if you chose to sell it!

you did a FAB job!!!!

yeah I know, pirates are very in right now. I think the whole nautical theme is.

I just showed my Jack Sparrow fan (daughter), the picture of your crocheted one.....and she fell in love with it. She said, "Mom, you have to make me one of those!" I told her that I didn't have the pattern and that you were debating whether or not to sell the pattern. My daughter asked me, to tell you, "to get right on it!" LOL! She wants Jack Sparrow BAD!

She is so funny! She is an adult and is collecting all the pirate toys at McDonald's, from the happy meals :rofl But most of all she wants me to crochet your special Jack Sparrow! I have to admit....he is a cutie for sure!

Haha, I can be guilty of that myself. Mostly I steal from my younger cousin happy meals :P They kinda look nothing alike tho. One of the toys were cool, it was a POTC notebook, which I am going to use to sell Jack's first pattern on :D

That's awesome! I agree that a pattern would be a huge hit, but you may want to "adjust" the name to make it your own(so as not to get into it with Disney).

Good idea. I heard Disney can be quite scary and they're pretty stringent about going after people...

Sorry to everyone who I couldn't get to! I really appreciate your comments tho!!

Archived