Potholders for my friend, part II

Cuddlefish

I made her another pair, same colours in a different pattern. I think she may be expecting something more colourful, but I'm having a really hard time getting out of this blue/brown/sand theme.

I tried putting brighter greens and yellow in there, but I just couldn't do it. It was as if some artistic part of me deep down just refused to listen to it.

Anybody know that feeling? I know it's just potholders, but even though I spent most of an hour trying to change the colourscheme, trying all kinds of combinations, I couldn't force myself to make the changes, because they just didn't feel right. :lol

potholdersforjonna200627ew.jpg

Thank you. :)

The pattern is *2 dc's, 2 ch*. Then on the next row, you do the dc's in the dc's 2 rows below, around the ch's in the row exactly below. The stitch pattern is in the Dorling Kindersley book called Crochet, but it isn't made into a potholder.

Those are so pretty . You did a good job. I love potholders . I love the color combiton. I am thinking pink. ha. PINKROSES

I like those, too! You are such a good friend to make all these potholders, I think any colors would be loved and welcome. (But I know what you mean about stressing over colors- that's the main reason I *can't* pick out colors to go together very well..)

And thank you so much for sharing how to do the patterns, I think I might try that other 'wavy' one (when my WIP list is down some...)

Tina

Keep listening to your artistic sense -- that color scheme is great! I know exactly what you mean about an instinct for color -- sometimes you just know something is right!

Archived